Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Our Community Forums Events Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

@komorebi 211683 wrote:

Indoors locations are (I think) as follows: Mondays at Swing’s on E. Monroe, Tuesdays at Mah Ze Dahr on Crystal Drive, Wednesdays at Best Buns in Shirlington, Thursdays at Whole Foods in Pentagon City, and Friday at Misha’s on Prince Street. I generally keep my mask on when we’re indoors.

For those reading this thread who are not LoTM, there are other clubs, too:

Friday Coffee Club (“the orginal”) at Swing’s in DC, 17th & G NW.
    Thursday at Proteus Bikes & Brews in College Park
    Friday at Board & Brew in College Park
    Tuesday at Peet’s in Silver Spring on East West Highway
    I do not know if FCC at Green Lizard in Herndon is still a thing or not.

Steve O
    Participant

@CaseyKane50 211685 wrote:

Last winter, several of us gathered most days in temperatures well below 40 and enjoyed good company and hot beverages.

And just sayin’ – last winter the DC Friday Coffee Club met outdoors. Every. Single. Friday. at Peregrine near Eastern Market.

DCAKen
    Participant

@Steve O 211696 wrote:

For those reading this thread who are not LoTM, there are other clubs, too:

Friday Coffee Club (“the orginal”) at Swing’s in DC, 17th & G NW.
    Thursday at Proteus Bikes & Brews in College Park
    Friday at Board & Brew in College Park
    Tuesday at Kaldi’s in Silver Spring
    I do not know if FCC at Green Lizard in Herndon is still a thing or not.

Tuesday’s Silver Spring gathering is at Peet’s Coffee on East West Highway

lordofthemark
    Participant

@komorebi 211686 wrote:

I’m not a coffee drinker, and I’m usually not hungry that early in the morning. So coffee club for me is actually more like “hang out with friends and buy a pastry to eat later” club. But that doesn’t roll trippingly off the tongue. :)

Oh I hear you, and I did remember you are not a coffee drinker. I guess I have been to some coffee clubs and not had coffee.

I do expect to get my booster in the next couple of days (thanks FDA!), and I also hope to do the igloo thing very soon. Will revisit the question then. Thanks to all for the info.

SarahBee
    Participant

I made my first non-holiday coffee club ever this morning. Rumor has it that there will be a repeat appearance tomorrow in Shirlington.

Steve O
    Participant

Hello caffeine fans,

Please note the warm-weather locations of these coffee clubs, effective immediately:

Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club
    Gateway Green – 101 12th St. S (between the Rte 1 overpass and Long Bridge Park on the north side of 12th St.)
    First arrivers tend to arrive about 7 or 7:10. BYO or coffee is available nearby at Whole Foods and Commonwealth Joe

Thursday Pentagon City Coffee Club
    Westpost (aka Pentagon Row) – 1201 S. Joyce St
    Similar start time. There are two coffee/pastry vendors at this location

Also note that there is an Alexandria Waterfront Friday Coffee Club that got started in 2021
    Misha’s Coffee – 6 Prince St. In clement weather the attendees sit in the park across the street from Misha’s, by the river.
    Similar start time.

I’m also told there is a new Thursday College Park Coffee Club
    Proteus Bikes & Brews – 9827 Rhode Island Ave., College Park, MD
    I’m not sure exactly what time they gather. Who knows?

Everyone is welcome to join any of the many coffee clubs anytime you like. Hope to see you soon!

Steve O
    Participant

Tomorrow only!
    Due to the return of March-like weather, the April 19 Tuesday Coffee Club will revert to Mah-ze-Dar. This is a one-off.

CaseyKane50
    Participant

@Steve O 218899 wrote:

Hello caffeine fans,

Please note the warm-weather locations of these coffee clubs, effective immediately:

Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club
    Gateway Green – 101 12th St. S (between the Rte 1 overpass and Long Bridge Park on the north side of 12th St.)
    First arrivers tend to arrive about 7 or 7:10. BYO or coffee is available nearby at Whole Foods and Commonwealth Joe

Thursday Pentagon City Coffee Club
    Westpost (aka Pentagon Row) – 1201 S. Joyce St
    Similar start time. There are two coffee/pastry vendors at this location

Also note that there is an Alexandria Waterfront Friday Coffee Club that got started in 2021
    Misha’s Coffee – 6 Prince St. In clement weather the attendees sit in the park across the street from Misha’s, by the river.
    Similar start time.

I’m also told there is a new Thursday College Park Coffee Club
    Proteus Bikes & Brews – 9827 Rhode Island Ave., College Park, MD
    I’m not sure exactly what time they gather. Who knows?

Everyone is welcome to join any of the many coffee clubs anytime you like. Hope to see you soon!

One more change to note

Wednesday Best Buns Coffee Club.

Due to excessive noise issues along Campbell Avenue, the club is relocating to the newly renovated Jennie Dean Park (3630 27th Street South). It is located across South Four Mile Drive from the MM0 W&OD trailhead and across Shirlington Road from the Four Mile Run Trail. Folks can grab their treats at Best Buns and then ride to the park.
    a18f5d7db95df750e98ea338598dd600.jpg

lordofthemark
    Participant

Watching me try to ride with a cup of coffee should be a treat for all.

Sadly, this will not happen this coming Wednesday, as I will still be in quarantine (even if I test negative between now and then, abundance of caution and all that …)

@CaseyKane50 219640 wrote:

One more change to note

Wednesday Best Buns Coffee Club.

Due to excessive noise issues along Campbell Avenue, the club is relocating to the newly renovated Jennie Dean Park (3630 27th Street South). It is located across South Four Mile Drive from the MM0 W&OD trailhead and across Shirlington Road from the Four Mile Run Trail. Folks can grab their treats at Best Buns and then ride to the park.
    a18f5d7db95df750e98ea338598dd600.jpg

Steve O
    Participant

Monday Morning Pancake Club will be held at Lazy Mike’s in Falls Church.

I plan to arrive about 8:30 – 8:45. Others may arrive earlier or later.

Steve O
    Participant

Thursday NoVA Coffee Club will return to its summer location tomorrow, April 6, 2023.

It’s here

Depending on who you ask, this location is known either as Pentagon Row or Westpost. Either way, it’s where the ice rink is in the winter.

See you there! Early birds arrive about 7 am; others a bit later. Hang as long as you like; most coffee clubbers depart about 8am.

lordofthemark
    Participant

Thursday Coffee Club

The coffee club once known as Whole Thursday Foods Coffee Club, which has been held at Westpost (formerly known as Pentagon Row) in good weather, will experimentally be held at Metropolitan Park (the park behind the new Amazon HQ2 building, between Eads and Fern, south of 12th Street) tomorrow. Look for updates here. Note, all three locations are near each other, so you can always ride from one to the other in search of bike people drinking coffee

Tuesday Coffee Club

Tuesday CC in Crystal City (CC) is now at Mah-Ze-Dar, on Crystal Drive, rain or shine. Indoors or out front, depending.

Friday Coffee Club

Friday Coffee Club in NoVa will be back at the Old Town ALX waterfront – the park near Misha’s.(In the winter it was held at the new St Elmo’s near Quaker Lane – what happens when we get inclement weather in the summer, I am not quite sure) Of course the original Friday Coffee Club remains at Swings in DC

Steve O
    Participant
    lordofthemark
    Participant

As of this Tuesday, October 10th, Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club will return to the newly reopended Water Park, weather permitting.

My understanding is that in the event of bad weather we will go back to Mah Ze Dar.

(By the way, what does Mah Ze Dar mean in Arabic? Mah Ze in Hebrew is “what’s this?” )

kwarkentien
    Participant

@lordofthemark 226217 wrote:

As of this Tuesday, October 10th, Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club will return to the newly reopended Water Park, weather permitting.

My understanding is that in the event of bad weather we will go back to Mah Ze Dar.

(By the way, what does Mah Ze Dar mean in Arabic? Mah Ze in Hebrew is “what’s this?” )

Well, if you go to the cafe’s website (https://mahzedahrbakery.com/pages/about#:~:text=The%20Meaning%20OfMah%2DZe,but%20cohesive%20in%20its%20stories.), it says this:

in urdu, the word mahzedahr describes the taste essence of food, its flavor and magic that make it delicious. this one word captures the life of a taste experience, unique to each person but cohesive in its stories.

So now we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.