W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    rcannon100
    Participant

@Dickie 134129 wrote:

Had to strip down on the trail and put on the spare clothes from my backpack

Pictures or it didnt happen

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

2 this past week or so, and 1 close call. I plan to lose this prize, however.

consularrider
    Participant

@Dickie 134129 wrote:

Make that three! Hit the slush last night at speed near the tennis courts at Shreve on the WOD….it was dark, I was rolling too fast, and I’m an idiot. Got sideways and ended up in the ditch…. which was filled with ice cold water and slush. I emerged half soaked and really cold. Had to strip down on the trail and put on the spare clothes from my backpack…. well at least the ones that were on the dry side of the back pack….. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*&K

You have got to stop channeling FFG!

Rockford10
    Participant

@Dickie 134129 wrote:

Make that three! Hit the slush last night at speed near the tennis courts at Shreve on the WOD….it was dark, I was rolling too fast, and I’m an idiot. Got sideways and ended up in the ditch…. which was filled with ice cold water and slush. I emerged half soaked and really cold. Had to strip down on the trail and put on the spare clothes from my backpack…. well at least the ones that were on the dry side of the back pack….. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*&K

Twice in the same day at the same spot? I was feeling proud of myself when I rolled through most of the WOD slush last night, but I walked that part.

Dickie
    Participant

@rcannon100 134131 wrote:

Pictures or it didnt happen

Just trust me… it’s better for everyone.

Vicegrip
    Participant

@Dickie 134164 wrote:

Just trust me… it’s better for everyone.

Ya seen one slushy Dickie ya seen em all.

Almost went down in the same place last night. Got a foot down just in time while heading for the ground. Backtracked and took Shreve. After picking my way along from the C Cross intersection I tried to ride it through. Other might be good enough but not me. 2 seconds in I was heading down.

Vicegrip
    Participant

Hi! My name is Vicegrip and I am a cycling dumb-azz. You know how last night I turned around at Dickie’s gully? Well tonight I thought to myself “It has to be all better tonight. Lets just go see” Get the the tennis court curve and it is a bit better but still mostly rutty slutty crud. I see this little bit of a wavy pavement line and decide to press on with some speed to carry me through the lumpy bits. Made it about 15 feet before going wheels up.
    At least I stayed on the tarmac and only need a change of skivvies.

Put Vicegrip down for one please. https://www.strava.com/activities/485331729

Steve O
    Participant

The Shreve tennis courts area most certainly must be ride-able by now. Hasn’t all the snow/ice/slush been scraped off by the sliding bodies?

Vicegrip
    Participant

You try and let me know OK?

All i managed to do was impress a backpack, hip and knee print into some crusty slush.

Still laughing at myself…….

Dickie
    Participant

@Steve O 134214 wrote:

The Shreve tennis courts area most certainly must be ride-able by now. Hasn’t all the snow/ice/slush been scraped off by the sliding bodies?

The “Vice Dickie Grip” snow removal company does have marketing potential…. ahem

vvill
    Participant

Ok I have to admit I’m actually at 2 now, with one ice slide out yesterday (uphill, slow). It was shaded runoff on a low traffic road that had not yet defrosted from the overnight freezing. Having ridden through a bunch of icy patches in a straight line with no problem, I just approached this the same way, but I noticed that because it was on a reasonable gradient, and being a much longer patch than I thought, I couldn’t keep my line as easily or keep my weight as well balanced. Nothing hurt on me nor the bike fortunately, other than pride. I was on road tires, 23mm on the rear, which is what slid out I think.

consularrider
    Participant

Just bumping to see if there are any new reports given the conditions of the past couple days.

jonathankrall
    Participant

I just noticed this thread. I had one crash on Feb 4. My first ride post-blizzard without snow tires. Ice. I don’t crash often so hopefully I won’t win this particular contest.

Vicegrip
    Participant

Put Vicegrip down for one more. Put a foot down on ice while sliding to a stop answering the stupid phone and almost did the splits. Turned the torso and slo-mo fell rather than become castrato.

dbb
    Participant

I finally went down for my first fall of the season.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11006[/ATTACH]

Will leave it to the judges to determine if it counts.

Sitting at my desk working on a knuckle busting staff action and the desk chair catastrophically fails, putting me down.

Snow, ice or winter weather didn’t seem to play a role in the crash.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.