W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Sunyata
    Participant

@awitt 187592 wrote:

Nothing broken, lots of hand bruising and a puncture wound where my hand hit the bolt for the v break. Pretty bad back muscle strain. Some minor cuts and bruises on my face. I think that face shield i made protected my face. My new wind jacket is now a vest. Could be worse.

Glad to hear nothing is broken, but that hand bruising could take a while to heal, especially if there is anything torn in there. :(

Definitely glad it was not worse, but OUCH. Rest well and heal up.

Hancockbs
    Participant

@Mtansill 187569 wrote:

January 10th: Morning of the happy hour. Going around the corner on the quay at the Navy Yard. Overcompensated to avoid a jogger and the front tire got stuck in one of the tire-eating sidewalk cracks. Into the wrought iron bar fence I go. Sad. Bike is still perfectly rideable. Helmet scuffed but still perfectly integral. About 4 different bruises on the legs and one on the right shoulder.

I came very close to this late last year, but must have been heading the other direction, because I almost ended up in the river. Somehow managed to recover just before going over the edge. Those cracks are terrible!

Judd
    Participant

Geez. Hand looks awful. Hope that it heals quickly. I’m thinking about all the times I’ve pulled something out of a spinning wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtansill
    Participant

@Hancockbs 187629 wrote:

I came very close to this late last year, but must have been heading the other direction, because I almost ended up in the river. Somehow managed to recover just before going over the edge. Those cracks are terrible!

They are terrible! And I wasn’t even riding the bike with skinny tires. I did feel very lucky that I ended up heading toward the fence instead of toward the drink. Glad you avoided going in the drink, too! :p

awitt
    Participant

@Judd 187630 wrote:

Geez. Hand looks awful. Hope that it heals quickly. I’m thinking about all the times I’ve pulled something out of a spinning wheel.

I know, I really didn’t think it would be a big deal, until it was and my forehead was hitting the pavement.

wheelswings
    Participant

Oh crud, you poor dear, this sounds absolutely miserable. And I’m cringing at that picture of your hand. Ouch. I am so sorry! Sending hugs. w&w

consularrider
    Participant

@Bob James 187149 wrote:

Fall #5, Feb 8, 2019. Another wonderful Michigan winter day. The snow had melted just a bit the day before with temps in high 30’s, than overnight back into low teens with 25mph winds, gusts up to 40F with more snow. I was just
    starting out on a paved trail that had a covering of snow, but underneath was solid ice. Even my studded fatty was no match for this ice and down I went. Luckily not to much damage other than a sore hip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19354[/ATTACH]

I found the perfect bike for you today at Main Velo in Harheim, the Ice Full Fat Tricycle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19532[/ATTACH]

Bob James
    Participant

@awitt 187682 wrote:

I know, I really didn’t think it would be a big deal, until it was and my forehead was hitting the pavement.

Hope your recovery is going well.

Bob James
    Participant

@consularrider 187699 wrote:

I found the perfect bike for you today at Main Velo in Harheim, the Ice Full Fat Tricycle.

Ha, I like it. Three wheels would defintely be more stable on ice than two. Looks super comfy too.

Judd
    Participant

The bad news is that I had a crash three weeks ago and sprained my knee. The good news is that I’ve been able to walk without a cane this week.

I thankfully was still able to at least sleaze while I was on the cane.

ca2528ef610e62df54e7e7f46bfdc003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

accordioneur
    Participant

A couple of weeks ago I had a set of BMX tires (I couldn’t studded tires in a 20″ size) in an online shopping cart with the idea of transforming my wife’s trike into a snow machine but didn’t wind up pulling the trigger on the purchase because I knew she wouldn’t appreciate me getting her pristine ride all slushy.

Bob James
    Participant

@Judd 187775 wrote:

The bad news is that I had a crash three weeks ago and sprained my knee. The good news is that I’ve been able to walk without a cane this week.
    I thankfully was still able to at least sleaze while I was on the cane.

Judd, sorry to hear about your crash and sprained knee. Godspeed on your continued recovery. Bob

AlanA
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19532[/ATTACH]

$10,000!!! I don’t need to pay that type of money to ride in horrible conditions. I can stay in my house for free!!

Judd
    Participant

@AlanA 187820 wrote:

$10,000!!! I don’t need to pay that type of money to ride in horrible conditions. I can stay in my house for free!!

One thing that isn’t free is Alan’s email address. I will sell it to you for 5 bucks!

lordofthemark
    Participant

Might as well post it since a bunch of y’all saw it. We(the folks headed to Sang Froid distillery from Md Meadworks) were leaving this tiny little park trail from 41st to Crittenden in Hyattsville. The good people of Hyattsville parks dept obviously expected the trail to be used by walkers, or kids biking to the sidewalk, not the sort of folks who would bike onto the street. So after the flexpost at trail end you have to jog left on the sidewalk a couple of feet before a hard right into the street and then up Crittenden. Somehow everyone else did this with no problem, but yours truly fell over. I got right up no damage to me or the bike, though once home I did notice a small bruise on my right thigh (I will spare y’all a pic) Given how my feet were feeling at that point, the bruise was nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.