W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition W&W London Bridge Pointless Prize Log

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Mtansill
    Participant

Yes! Welcome to part of my regular commute home. I take this little shortcut in order to avoid going uphill on route 1 during busy traffic times. The first few times I did this, I did the left and then right like your group did. But for a while now I have opted to actually go right onto the sidewalk and then look over my left shoulder in order to judge when it’s safe to use one of the drive-way cut-throughs to go out onto the road and continue on in the same direction.

Heal fast.

@lordofthemark 188193 wrote:

Might as well post it since a bunch of y’all saw it. We(the folks headed to Sang Froid distillery from Md Meadworks) were leaving this tiny little park trail from 41st to Crittenden in Hyattsville. The good people of Hyattsville parks dept obviously expected the trail to be used by walkers, or kids biking to the sidewalk, not the sort of folks who would bike onto the street. So after the flexpost at trail end you have to jog left on the sidewalk a couple of feet before a hard right into the street and then up Crittenden. Somehow everyone else did this with no problem, but yours truly fell over. I got right up no damage to me or the bike, though once home I did notice a small bruise on my right thigh (I will spare y’all a pic) Given how my feet were feeling at that point, the bruise was nothing.

wheelswings
    Participant

Here’s my list of London Bridge contestants. Who am I missing?

Some of the crashes were really, really bad. Others were comical. Some were soul-crushing. Several hurt like hell. Some were all of the above. Quality and quantity both count.

Hugs and healing wishes to all. w&w

Ltierstein… 1
    BikingJenn…1
    Komorebi…1
    Sunyata.. 1
    Dachs6…3
    SamDenes…3
    Bob James…8
    Drevil…2
    Mtansill…3
    Boomer2U…1
    Awitt…1
    Judd…2
    LordoftheMark…1
    Pierre…1
    Luther S…3
    Richard B…2
    Elizabeth I Like Wheels…1
    Toubob W…1
    Filipe..1
    Jrenaut and Gremlin2…1

KWL
    Participant

@wheels&wings 188862 wrote:

… Quality and quantity both count.

So Bob James doesn’t win outright just because he was riding on ice with soft cushy snow to land in all winter? Good deal.

Judd
    Participant

So I managed to do an endo on a CaBi Plus yesterday on 21st street on the way home from work. I’m not exactly sure how I did it. I was going probably 8 miles at the time and used both brakes. A taxi stopped somewhat abruptly in front of me.

The right elbow is a bit sore and the right knee got tweaked a bit again but I’m ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBGanimal
    Participant

@Judd 188998 wrote:

So I managed to do an endo on a CaBi Plus yesterday on 21st street on the way home from work. I’m not exactly sure how I did it. I was going probably 8 miles at the time and used both brakes. A taxi stopped somewhat abruptly in front of me.

The right elbow is a bit sore and the right knee got tweaked a bit again but I’m ok.

Not a good ending to BASF…hope you heal fast…especially in time for yoga!

Bob James
    Participant

@Judd 188998 wrote:

Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery and belated Happy Birthday

obscurerichard
    Participant

I don’t know if wheels&wings is going to sponsor this prize again for 2020, but may I suggest that we just use #londonbridge as a hashtag going forward to eliminate some maintenance that has to happen every year now?

I’ve updated the leaderboard to allow either #londonbridge or #fs2020londonbridge

And we already have 2 folks who have tagged #londonbridge – Adriana and MaryEllsworth!

secstate
    Participant

Just to point out to new participants that this is a #thing.

The bike’s fine, thanks for asking (and so am I)

lordofthemark
    Participant

A reminder: Be wary of wet wooden bridges. After a decade of no problems, LBJ grove bridge finally got me.

Bike is fine. Laptop is fine. I am okay, but my elbow has looked prettier.

Kbikeva
    Participant

@lordofthemark 223221 wrote:

A reminder: Be wary of wet wooden bridges. After a decade of no problems, LBJ grove bridge finally got me.

I hate wet bridges and pavement mostly covered in wet leaves. But wet bridges more.

Sorry it got you – hope you heal quickly!

accordioneur
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your accident. May you have a refuah shlema. The decking on such bridges should use something less prone to getting slick and slimy.

drevil
    Participant

I hit a patch of black ice a 1/2 mile away from my house in the dark this morning. Bruised, bloodied and sore face and lips, as well as the knee. I would not recommend this method of exfoliating your face [emoji23]

This is the second time I’ve crashed on my face in a month. I’m considering wearing a full face helmet in icy/sketchy conditions now.

f5220bc3bd7f2913d1f4fb4b5c2dbf86.jpg

Serdar
    Participant

@drevil 223333 wrote:

I hit a patch of black ice a 1/2 mile away from my house in the dark this morning. Bruised, bloodied and sore face and lips, as well as the knee. I would not recommend this method of exfoliating your face [emoji23]

This is the second time I’ve crashed on my face in a month. I’m considering wearing a full face helmet in icy/sketchy conditions now.

Sorry to hear about your crash. Get well soon!

Serdar
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. I hope your elbow heals fast!

CBGanimal
    Participant

@drevil 223333 wrote:

OMG! I hope it isn’t to painful and heals quick. JoM should kiss it and make it feel all better. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.