Pointless Prize for February only

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize for February only

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Nadine
    Participant

2/19/24

I meant to sneak a pic of Joan’s hot pink gloves when we were stopped at the Marriott waiting for Nancy.  Course I didn’t ask her cuz you were there 😁 – and didn’t realize til I got home that she’d put them into her bar mitts at just the wrong moment… Good thing her helmet straps are hot pink too!

But I really wanted the gloves. They’re so pretty! 🫤🤷🏻

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/20/2024 – Again 38°F as I rolled out this morning (waited for the warm up from 25°).  The Crawfish are HOT and Juicy on W Broad St in Falls Church (awning at the right-hand side of the building)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/20/24

An Eternal Flame seems hot to me.

Nadine
    Participant

2/20/24

This is a  different kind of outdoor grill – which gets hot of course. I’ll work on getting you more creative entries when I’m better 😁

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@nadine, sorry you’re not feeling well!

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/20/24 – I like the HOT logo on this truck. But my photos never seem to do the subject justice. They always look better in-person than in photos.

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/21/2024 – 48°F at the ride start this afternoon.  A Friday Night Fish Fry is HOT!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/21/24

The climate of Uganda is definitely hotter than here.

This was a challenging one!  I had it all worked out that if I left at 5, I could manage the ride I had planned while the temperature was still above 38 degrees.  That was before my boss announced she wanted to talk to me at 5:30.  And then didn’t actually call until 5:49.  And the call lasted 21 minutes. By the time I had gotten all my lights and outdoor clothes on, the ride didn’t start until 6:38, so I had to stop the ride and restart before the temperature went below 38 degrees.  But I still had to make sure the first segment was at least 10 miles for purposes of the #publicartfinder contest.  I made it–with a first ride (all over 38 degrees) of 10.13 miles, followed by a second ride (which was 37 degrees by the end) of 9.13 miles.  Whew!

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/21/14 – Soup dumplings are best eaten when they are HOT so the juices flow out into your spoon and flavors explode into your mouth with the filling and dumpling wrapper. This location has hosted a couple of BBQ places. Let’s hope this HOT new eatery does well.

Nadine
    Participant

2/21/24 – hot chili pepper cap

Mark was wearing his hot chili pepper cap under his helmet today, and  paused in between layers so I could get a pic of it

Here he is talking with John Manley, one of my favorite WI riders. John is my father’s age and he’s not even slow.

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/22/2024 – 39°F at the start of this morning’s ride.  There must be somethin HOT at COVANTA to require these cooling towers for the water vapor/steam?

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/22/24  All this traffic was contributing to global warming, making the planet hotter.

Nadine
    Participant

2/22/24 –  hot house (for plants in winter)

It was in the high 40s when I rode

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/23/2024 – It was 41°F when I rolled out to Friday Coffee.  Afterwards I spotted all these HOT looking hi-viz helmets at the Trek Store in Fairlington.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/23/24

I thought I’d take some heat for walking into a public elementary school after dark to take this photo. But no one seemed to care, and I even had trouble finding someone to pay enough attention to tell me where it could be found.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.