Pointless Prize for February only

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize for February only

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    bikingjenn
    Participant

nope. they have to add #fever to the leaderboard. As far as extra points…so few entries that I have not awarded any yet @cvcalhoun. If I award extra points, it will be obvious.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

You can already see the #fever leaderboard at https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/hashtag/fever. It’s just that there is no link to it.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/11/24

These marchers in the Chinese New Year’s parade must be hot in those heavy costumes.

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/11/2024 – 10°C/50°F in Arlington, but it’s supposed to be 41°C/105° at Woomera Village, South Australia in the Outback, that’s HOT!

Nadine
    Participant

2/11/24 hot pink jogger

With a flying ponytail 🥳

Serdar
    Participant

On Saturday, February 10, Team 007, License to Chill joined Steve’s group ride from the Washington Monument to the National Mall for Polar Plunge. We arrived early and killed waiting time by this hot fire pit despite the weather temperature being around 50 degrees. However, hotter than fire are these two best friends!

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/12/2024 – 50°F/10°C again.  Had a HOT doppio at St Elmo’s Coffee Pub in Old Town North

Nadine
    Participant

2/12/24 — Hot wires

This is at  my house…. so 🤔… but it comes with a good story 😀

Years ago there was a light fixture where those wires are sticking out just above the house number, and it blew any and all light bulbs I put in it within a few days. The fixture had a long decorative metal piece hanging down (like a beard.) I was standing on the landing with a friend telling him about how the fixture blew bulbs, and he said “That doesn’t make sense, unless it’s HOT.” Huh? So then he asked, ” Do you get a shock when you touch this?” & indicated the metal  piece.

I didn’t know, so he reached out and touched it. And ZAP he got a shock. He was so pleased with his spot on diagnosis that he did it again 😳😆🤷🏻

So this is definitely HOT….My friend Charles shocked himself proving it -twice 😁🤷🏻

This was the only side bet pic I took today cuz I realized that I might be taking so long to get well not because I’m 🚴🏼ing 10 miles daily but because I’m stopping so much for photos while I ride that I’m getting chilled.

bikingjenn
    Participant

patience grasshopper

cool

bikingjenn
    Participant

LOVE that story @nadine even though the shock treatment was a bit dangerous. Didn’t check the word count, but I am awarding you a bonus point for making me LOL 😂 Jenn

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/12/24

The sign asks, “Which pasta are you?”  I assume that means we are going to be cooked!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/13/24

The police are responsible for chasing down those with hot goods.

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/13/2024 – The sauce was HOT as were the beignets and coffee, 49°F outside, but did the wind chill take it down below 38?

Nadine
    Participant

2/13/24

I found these signs on the Custis trail – heralding some HOT new improvements! 😃🚴‍♀️🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼🎊🤩Today it was in the mid 40s when we rode, real feel of 40° with windchill.

Nadine
    Participant

2/13/24 Actually my best pic is of the sign in Spanish….. With my street treat (that you found) on the post behind it 😁🤷🏻 but I decided to post the one in English as my entry instead so people can read the info & go find the survey and fill it out 🚴🏼🚴‍♀️🚴🏼‍♂️🛴⛹️‍♀️⛹️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.