Pointless Prize for February only

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize for February only

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    bikingjenn
    Participant

PP Sponsor Comment 2/26/24:

Last week of the contest. Some tips to finish strong: Avoid using photo from another PP for this prize, i.e. flag, pub art, fire station. (2) the stories matter. (3) Sophie’s multiple HOTs for one photo are prize-worthy; (4) Creativity–finding different HOT things/people/topics is encouraged.

I have decided on multiple prizes to be awarded so not bad considering so few playing.

Based solely on number of hot days of participation, current standings as of 9:55am:

Carol (23), Nadine (21), Joan (15), Chris R (14), Sophie (6), Serdar and Tom A (1 each)

So far, I have awarded only one bonus point to Nadine for a funny HOT story.

Today is going to be HOT!

Thanks for playing. Prizes awarded at the happy hour whenever that is.

Jenn

Update 2/15/24

Leaderboard is here:

https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/hashtag/fever

Extra points are noted in this thread. Thus far, only one extra point has been awarded. Keep on keeping HOT with #fever

February Fever Pointless Prize #fever

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Post a photo of something or someone HOT and #fever in your Strava feed any day in February of FS24 when the outdoor Fahrenheit temp is 38 degrees or higher (which is considered “fever” in Celsius).

If you do not use the Klimat app to list the temp in your Strava feed, please post the start and end temps in your Strava feed or in this Forum FEVER prize string or the FEVER Strava club.

This prize runs on days 38*F and higher from Feb 1-29 (leap year-fun!). Extra points if I love your post to the Strava FEVER club (https://www.strava.com/clubs/1215823) or the Forum post with your ONE photo choice and/or story approx LESS THAN 200 words.

Points deducted if the outdoor temperature for the duration of your ride is not feverish, meaning 38 or more degrees Fahrenheit. Honor system here. (We are already getting many points for freezing rides).

PRIZES will be HOT, HOT, HOT

Message me if questions: bikingjenn@gmail.com

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

bikingjenn
    Participant

@bikingjenn 227300 wrote:

February Fever Pointless Prize: Post a photo of something or someone HOT and #fever in your Strava feed any day in February of FS24 when the outdoor Fahrenheit temp exceeds 38 degrees (which is considered fever in Celsius). Feel free to also post on the Forum. This prize runs on days over 38*F from Feb 1-29 (leap year-fun!). Extra points if I love your Forum post photo choice and/or story. If the temp. Points deducted if the temperature for the duration of your ride is not feverish (we are already getting many points for freezing rides).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikingjenn
    Participant

Post a photo of something or someone HOT and #fever in your Strava feed any day in February of FS24 when the outdoor Fahrenheit temp is 38 degrees or higher (which is considered “fever” in Celsius).

If you do not use the Klimat app to list the temp in your Strava feed, please post the start and end temps in your Strava feed or in this Forum FEVER prize string or the FEVER Strava club.

This prize runs on days 38*F and higher from Feb 1-29 (leap year-fun!). Extra points if I love your post to the Strava FEVER club or the Forum post with your ONE photo choice and/or story approx LESS THAN 200 words.

Points deducted if the outdoor temperature for the duration of your ride is not feverish, meaning 38 or more degrees Fahrenheit. Honor system here. (We are already getting many points for freezing rides).

PRIZES will be HOT, HOT, HOT

Message me if questions: bikingjenn@gmail.com

Joan
    Participant

2/5/24 field HOT enough for crocuses to bloom in beginning of February

Nadine
    Participant

2/5/24 hot enough for summer camp planning! I didn’t get the hourly weather before I left but it was over 48Β° fue al or Most of our ride today. (I rode with Joan.) this was after I got homeΒ 

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Catching up here:

2/1/2024 – The red lights on my bike were so bright it looked feverish.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/2/24 – Fire Department is definitely dealing with HOT.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

I am a little confused. You say at one point “any day in February of FS24 when the outdoor Fahrenheit temp exceeds 38 degrees.”Β  But then you say, “Points deducted if the outdoor temperature for the duration of your ride is not feverish.”Β  So are we talking:

1. Only days when the temperature exceeds 38Β°F for the whole day?
    2. Days when the temperature exceeds 38Β°F for any part of the day (even if your specific ride was all below 38Β°F)?
    3. Rides when some portion of the ride (start or end) exceeds 38Β°F?
    4. Only rides when both the start and the end of the ride exceed 38Β°F?

Also, when you say “exceeds 38Β°F,” does that mean it must be at least 38Β°F, or at least 39Β°F?

Example:Β  Today’s ride was 44Β°F when I started and 38Β°F when I finished.Β  So if it has to exceed (be greater than, not just equal to) 38Β°F, part but not all of it exceeded 38Β°F.

On the assumption this qualifies, I took a photo of some stars (and I think Venus is in there, too). They are very hot indeed!Β  However, if they don’t qualify, please let me know so I can untag rather than getting dinged.

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/3/24 – It was 41 degrees when I started my ride to the Give a Hoot Comedy Club in Gaithersburg. The headliner comedian was HOT and hilarious that night, especially when an audience member was hassling him and trying to steal the show. He handled it so well as continued to be funny when everyone was thinking that heckler should just shut up.

bikingjenn
    Participant

Thanks for playing…

bikingjenn
    Participant

Thanks for playing…your number 4 is what I meant. It should be 38.00000000001 degrees or higher for the duration of your ride, so let’s go with 38 degrees or higher, okay? Thanks for reading the directions. I will make it more clear. Jenn

bikingjenn
    Participant

thanks for playing! Jenn

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/6/24

Whether this yield sign should be replaced with a traffic light is a hot topic in the neighborhood.

Nadine
    Participant

1/6/24

I rode late today, the last hour before sunset. It was 45Β° when I started, and dropped to maybe 40 by the time I got home.

I did a decasleaze. Thought of you, Jenn, cuz it was much like a decasleaze we did together in the snow. Anyhow as I went around the Weenie Beanie I realized they sell HOT DOGS!

Except you can’t zoom in on the menu on this poor quality pic, so I did it for youΒ 

chill-dad
    Participant

1/7/24

I saw this post and thought, “Aha! Perfect excuse to stop for coffee on a day that’s nice enough to sit outside.”Β  You can almost see the steam off the mug in the picture, so you know the coffee is hot.

Start and end temp of 51F.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.