Pointless Prize for February only

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize for February only

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/14/2024 – It was 38°F when I rolled out for my Valentines Day ride.  This fire engine was not rolling “HOT,” lights and siren (?), which I took to mean they were getting the elevenses or lunch for the crew?

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/14/24 Eater DC says Tacombi is a hot new restaurant in Bethesda.

Nadine
    Participant

2/14/24

I swear there’s a hot car under there. It’s a silver corvette – it’s around the corner from me & I admire it often. I guess it’s tarped for rain protection today.

I thought about lifting the tarp to take a pic, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it….it felt like lifting someone’s skirt to take a pic of their undies.

3/4/24 the car was finally uncovered today. This is past contest time, just FYI, for funsies

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/15/24

Literal fever today: turns out I have strep.

Nadine
    Participant

2/15/24

Washington Liberty is a great high school. Both my kids found great mentors there, and in completely different areas. In fact it’s such a HOT school that it’s near impossible for most of the high performing kids there to get into any ivy league schools or MIT – just because there are so MANY of them! It worked out great for us cuz frankly when my son was applying to colleges I lived in fear that he’d get into MIT with no $$$ and we’d have 5¢ left for his sister when her time came….

But 😆 despite his straight As in math classes 2 levels above the norm and 800s on his math SATs, he got rejected from all the ivies he applied to & MIT – cuz so many well qualified kids come outta WL that they can’t take most of them… My kids knew, though, so they were fine, and VA has great state schools, so they continued to be fine. And I’m still grateful to this HOT high school! (My kids went to UVA & W&M.)

Also good on WL for changing the name – though I was rooting for Washington -Loving, myself 😁🤷🏻

Oh yeah…. It was 38° when I left my house  for this ride and went up from there. Not sure it reached 50° as predicted, but it got up to the high 40s, anyway.

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/16/2024 – It was above 38°F for the whole ride.  Found this empty HOT whiskey shot bottlenear the Vienna Metro Station in the cycle track

Nadine
    Participant

2/16/24

The barista at Green Lizard didn’t want to be in the pic, which was a shame cuz she was pretty, but she consented to let me photograph the cups of HOT coffee she’d just prepared for the guys standing to my right (not pictured.)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/16/24

This Trump 2024 flag is likely to engender some hot political discussions out here in the People’s Republic of Montgomery County!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/17/24

I took advantage of the approximately 3 minutes it was 38 degrees today to bike to Gary P. Frank HEATING & Cooling.

Nadine
    Participant

2/17/24 -hot WIRES

Quick before Arlington detours us offa the w&od by sparrow pond I got a pic of this sign indicating HOT wires.

It felt colder to me than 38° but the windchill made it feel a good 10° colder than it was. It was probably within a coupla degrees of 38°, but all I have to know for sure is a weather app on my phone 🤔🤷🏻

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/18/24 The steam coming out of this train looks hot.

Nadine
    Participant

2/18/24 – Grill

This grill gets hot when it’s used to heat things up to cook them. This is in fort hunt near the park 

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/18/2024 – “Ashes to Answers,” the National Fire Dog Monument at DC Engine Co 2 near Judiciary Square.  Fires are HOT to create ashes

consularrider
    Participant

#fever – 2/19/2024 – It was 38°F as I rolled out this morning.  How much is that doggy in the window, I mean the PRICE of the HOT pink China one?  In Georgetown, 33rd St, NW at the C&O

cvcalhoun
    Participant

2/19/24 The Y has a HEATED outdoor pool.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.