OneEighth Sighting

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos OneEighth Sighting

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,797 total)
  • Author
    DaveK
    Participant

@OneEighth 3682 wrote:

I would but it might violate the terms of my participation in the witness protection program.
    Honestly, I expect to come into DC via Alexandria early on Friday, but I’ll be easy enough to spot if I do make it to Rosslyn—black, unmarked fixie with bullhorns wrapped with white tape and a white saddle. Probably wearing a white short-sleeved jersey with a big black stripe down each sleeve.
    Holler if you see me.

Was having a conversation as I was going up Custis so it didn’t register right away, but I bet that was you coming down towards Rosslyn about a half hour ago. We were leaving after the Rosslyn pit stop closed up shop – silver helmet, blue shirt, green Cross Check.

OneEighth
    Participant

Did I pass you by the Roosevelt Island parking lot?
    The river sang such a sweet song this morning that I had to go play and consequently didn’t get on my bike until after 9, when all the pit stops had closed. Looks like it was a big success based on the photos.
    If you spot me this evening, please holler.

americancyclo
    Participant

@Dirt 3697 wrote:

I’ll be the huge guy with jingle bells on his handlebars and likely wearing pink. I wasn’t planning on stopping at Rosslyn… Usually I roll past there before it is open. Listen for the jingling noise… that is a dead give-away that it is me. I’ll either be riding a painfully green fixie with black fenders, or a lovely pink fixie with pink and white fenders and a girlie mudflap on the rear fender.

Definitely take a moment to introduce yourself. :D

Pete

Now THAT sounds familiar, I was following you (slowly) over the bridge over broad st in Falls Church a few days ago. Are your fenders pink AND white? I’m on a big purple specialized I affectionately call ‘Grimace’

Dirt
    Participant

@americancyclo 4154 wrote:

Now THAT sounds familiar, I was following you (slowly) over the bridge over broad st in Falls Church a few days ago. Are your fenders pink AND white? I’m on a big purple specialized I affectionately call ‘Grimace’

I was sooooooo digging your purple Specialized. It is a Roubaix? Sweet ride!

That was definitely my pink Surly. The chrome mud flap girl adds a level of class that cannot be measured. It is getting sidelined for a little while since I just got a new cyclocross bike and I’m enjoying a few miles on it.

Catch up with you soon.

Dirt
    Participant

15th St, NW heading North past Pennsylvania Ave. Looking stylish too. I threw a rock at you, but it hit a lobbyist instead. Oh well.

Dirt
    Participant

15th St, NW heading North past Pennsylvania Ave. Looking stylish too. I threw a rock at you, but it hit a lobbyist instead. Oh well.

OneEighth
    Participant

I’m just going to assume you saw me because you said I looked stylish. That and I was actually on 15NW heading North past PA this morning.
    Who knows, depending on spousal/parental obligations, I may even make it to the happy hour this evening. I may even ride the Surly just to prove it exists.

OneEighth
    Participant

I’m just going to assume you saw me because you said I looked stylish. That and I was actually on 15NW heading North past PA this morning.
    Who knows, depending on spousal/parental obligations, I may even make it to the happy hour this evening. I may even ride the Surly just to prove it exists.

Dirt
    Participant

@OneEighth 4384 wrote:

I may even ride the Surly just to prove it exists.

I’m on mine. I’ll be there for a bit. I have too much stuff to do tonight to stay long or drink much/anything. It’ll be good to see folks.

Dirt
    Participant

@OneEighth 4384 wrote:

I may even ride the Surly just to prove it exists.

I’m on mine. I’ll be there for a bit. I have too much stuff to do tonight to stay long or drink much/anything. It’ll be good to see folks.

americancyclo
    Participant

@Dirt 4171 wrote:

I was sooooooo digging your purple Specialized. It is a Roubaix? Sweet ride!

Thanks! Yeah, it’s a Roubaix demo model I got for super cheap. always easy to find my bike in the rack. beats the pant off the early 80s Raleigh Technium I used to ride that literally fell apart underneath me. Looked similar to this one and served me well for eight years. http://kontrakarma.net/galleries/raleigh_technium/

Dirt
    Participant

Nice riding with you yesterday, Sir.

6067074191_cc01847b6b_b.jpg

OneEighth
    Participant

It was a sweet ride. I even sorta enjoyed grinding out the last few miles on the flat, though I do feel bad about killing Tim’s average speed…
    I may have to re-gear or take the Specialized next time just so I’m not spinning at 120.
    Thanks again.

Dirt
    Participant

I was geared correctly for the ride you did. I was a little over-geared for what I did.

Next week I think we’re doing a mountain bike ride.

September 4th is the next road ride. I may do a long-ish ride in Loudoun County on the fixie. Waterford loop from the house comes out to about 106 miles. I need a few long rides like that. Interested? It is more climbing, but we’ve done that as a fixie ride a few times and it is very doable. You’d definitely have the power to do it.

Pete

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@OneEighth 7374 wrote:

so I’m not spinning at 120.

FYI–on that run in to St. Michael’s, Mark and I were averaging 26-28mph.

Has Pete told you about Kill Bill v.6 later this summer? You might want to bring a bike with gears to that one…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,797 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.