OneEighth Sighting

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos OneEighth Sighting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 2,797 total)
  • Author
    OneEighth
    Participant

Ah, Cat6 fame is so fleeting. Thought I had the podium cornered, but no.
    We shall meet again, Mr. Man-on-the-Van-with-the-camera-in-his-hand.
    Congratulations on the crushing defeat of the Townie-girl.

Dirt
    Participant

@DaveK 3537 wrote:

Now I’m sure I passed by you in the other direction 10 seconds after you took this. Yellow Van Dessel frame, yellow bar tape?

I was way too busy savoring my victory (and looking for other photographers to document how awesome I am) to notice anyone else. ;)

Just kidding. Honestly I didn’t see you. Were you one of the folks at the far side of the traffic light at the beginning of the W&OD?

@OneEighth 3538 wrote:

Ah, Cat6 fame is so fleeting. Thought I had the podium cornered, but no.
    We shall meet again, Mr. Man-on-the-Van-with-the-camera-in-his-hand.
    Congratulations on the crushing defeat of the Townie-girl.

I still gotta check out the alleged Surly. ;) I ordered parts for mine today, so I will have it back on the road soon.

OneEighth
    Participant

@Dirt 3578 wrote:

I still gotta check out the alleged Surly. ;) I ordered parts for mine today, so I will have it back on the road soon.

Said alleged Surly is my ride of choice this week as the rain may cause the Specialized to melt. Or get dirty, which is way, way worse.

In theory, the Surly in question will leave the Meto Center area at 1630 today and proceed down the MVT to 4 Mile Run and the W&OD.

Dirt
    Participant

@OneEighth 3583 wrote:

Said alleged Surly is my ride of choice this week as the rain may cause the Specialized to melt. Or get dirty, which is way, way worse.

In theory, the Surly in question will leave the Meto Center area at 1630 today and proceed down the MVT to 4 Mile Run and the W&OD.

I’ll catch you later in the week. My ride time is similar, but I need to do some shopping in Clarendon, so I’m going up through Rosslyn.

DaveK
    Participant

@Dirt 3578 wrote:

I was way too busy savoring my victory (and looking for other photographers to document how awesome I am) to notice anyone else. ;)

Just kidding. Honestly I didn’t see you. Were you one of the folks at the far side of the traffic light at the beginning of the W&OD?

Indeed. I was trying to avoid the dog walkers ahead of me so it was one of those “wait, I recognize that guy… from the internet!” moments after I was down the trail. I think I was riding a green Cross Check that day.

consularrider
    Participant

Saw Dirt yesterday afternoon but missed OneEighth.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@consularrider 3621 wrote:

Saw Dirt yesterday afternoon but missed OneEighth.

I saw Dirt yesterday afternoon too! In less than 2 minutes we discussed all matters of Bike to Work Day, air horns, squeaky brakes, and miniature aerobars.

Delightful.

OneEighth
    Participant

I didn’t hit the road until 5 yesterday and then had to beat feet north. Sorry I missed out.

baiskeli
    Participant

Can the two of you wear T-shirts with your screen names on them and stand on a wall at the Rosslyn pit stop Friday so the rest of us can see you?

eminva
    Participant

Yes, definitely! ;)

(I mean I agree with Baiskeli, you definitely should)

Liz

OneEighth
    Participant

I would but it might violate the terms of my participation in the witness protection program.
    Honestly, I expect to come into DC via Alexandria early on Friday, but I’ll be easy enough to spot if I do make it to Rosslyn—black, unmarked fixie with bullhorns wrapped with white tape and a white saddle. Probably wearing a white short-sleeved jersey with a big black stripe down each sleeve.
    Holler if you see me.

Dirt
    Participant

I’ll be the huge guy with jingle bells on his handlebars and likely wearing pink. I wasn’t planning on stopping at Rosslyn… Usually I roll past there before it is open. Listen for the jingling noise… that is a dead give-away that it is me. I’ll either be riding a painfully green fixie with black fenders, or a lovely pink fixie with pink and white fenders and a girlie mudflap on the rear fender.

Definitely take a moment to introduce yourself. :D

Pete

Mark Blacknell
    Participant

I’ll be at the Rosslyn pit stop for most of tomorrow morning with a WABA jersey on (probably taller than you, definitely shorter than Dirt). Say hello. And get your WABA Bikefest discount code from me, too.

Dirt
    Participant

I rolled through Rosslyn at about 0620 this morning. I saw Tim as he scampered back to the office for something important. Snapped a few photos, then rolled on to Freedom (isn’t Free) Plaza.

DCLiz
    Participant

It was fun convoying with Justin Antos from Eastern Market to Freedom Plaza this morning. Sorry I lost you in the crowd! I wandered away to get the free swag. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 2,797 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.