OneEighth Sighting

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos OneEighth Sighting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,797 total)
  • Author
    Dirt
    Participant

I’m not sure either of us was awake yet. That’s why we’re kinda blurry.
    5619040476_35aa8fbcaa_z.jpg

OneEighth
    Participant

I always feel safer riding with my eyes closed. I’m convinced that’s why we didn’t actually die crossing North Lynn Street.
    Great talking to you this morning!
    Cheers!

Dirt
    Participant

Great talking to you too. Sorry for yelling out “We’re all gonna die!” as we crossed Lynn St. Vehicular manslaughter jokes never get old with me. ;)

MolaMolaGirl
    Participant

great photo guys!

OneEighth
    Participant

Thanks, MMG.
    It’s really been fun spotting folks from the forum on the trail and actually getting to ride with them a bit.

Dirt
    Participant

I’ve randomly met more internet acquaintances in the last month than in any month in history. I’m meeting 2 or 3 per week.

Thanks.

Pete

Dirt
    Participant

Here’s a super scary thing… Same outfits… same bikes… I’m wearing different glasses. The photo is also taken in almost the exact same spot. We’re even out of focus.

5689598053_9db4f87ea5_b.jpg

At least I changed my glasses.

Thought for the day as we entered the Lynn Street Death Zone:
    Pete: “We’re all gonna die!!!” (My normal battle cry when entering that intersection)
    OneEighth: “I close my eyes. It seems to help.”

It was a surreal commute for me today. It included road rage, the kindness of strangers, riding with a friend, beauty queens wearing evening gowns and tiaras, 8 women yelling at President Obama and a man wearing a bath towel decorated with humping hippos. I can’t wait for the ride home.

Love,

Pete

OneEighth
    Participant

“No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.”
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Good riding with you again, Pete. I now think of you as “the man on the Van (Dessel) with the camera in his hand.” With apologies to Mike Watt (who is the man in the van with the bass in his hand…and is awesome).

Good luck with the frame. Hope that works out, but you have clearly already found the silver lining as this is a reason to build something new.

Seems to be the week for road rage. Glad that my only brush with it so far was with a gaggle of inattentive Freds at Hains Point.

Shiny side up!

Tom

Dirt
    Participant

Okay. My theory was backed up today. Ran into OneEighth again… this time on the way home. He caught up to me as I limped home after intervals with the fast boys and girls at Haynes Point.

Back to my theory… It would seem that I end up riding with OneEighth through a dangerous intersection or two. That isn’t that unusual… there are plenty on the route to or from work. What is odd is that we always seem to have a “We’re all gonna die” moment in these intersections. He’d just had one a few blocks earlier when we encountered young Mr. “Officer, what turn signal do I use while backing through a crowded and busy intersection through a red light” at Columbia Pike and the W&OD. Fortunately everyone was mellow and we all had happily ever after situations.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah. My theory. The combination of me and OneEighth creates a magnet for people with questionable decision making and no multi-tasking skills while driving.

Rubber side down, sir. Nice to see you tonight.

OneEighth
    Participant

I had my eyes closed again going through the Columbia Pike intersection, so my riding experience remained blissful if somewhat ignorant.
    Do we get capes or something to go with our newly discovered power to induce stupid behavior? Riding a fixie with a cape…what could possibly go wrong?
    Good riding with you again.
    Cheers.

Dirt
    Participant

OneEighth sprints for the win of the State Inspections Performed Here Classic.

5712535687_978b13d22d_b.jpg

Awesome race and a well deserved win. The chick gassing up her mini van was SOOOOOoooo impressed. ;)

Pete

PS: We’ve got to stop meeting like this. People will talk. ;)

OneEighth
    Participant

What a Fredtastic way to start my morning! I’ll be smug all day long.
    And, uh, at my age, chicks in minivans would probably be the most realistic target demographic…just sayin’.
    Let ’em wonder.

Dirt
    Participant

Dude, they’ve got Mavericks on sale for $4.50/pack.

Dirt
    Participant

OneEighth was a no-show for the afternoon race. I took it in a solo break. The chick on the Trek Townie didn’t stand a chance. ;)

5714737786_19c5fb444e_b.jpg

DaveK
    Participant

@Dirt 3536 wrote:

OneEighth was a no-show for the afternoon race. I took it in a solo break. The chick on the Trek Townie didn’t stand a chance. ;)

5714737786_19c5fb444e_b.jpg

Now I’m sure I passed by you in the other direction 10 seconds after you took this. Yellow Van Dessel frame, yellow bar tape?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,797 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.