My Morning Commute

Our Community Forums Commuters My Morning Commute

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 6,790 total)
  • Author
    Certifried
    Participant

sucked :( I drove today, despite knowing the weather would be nice. I ate at the “Original Pancake House” in Bethesda yesterday, and by afternoon was feeling pretty nauseous. I’m not sure it was the food, nor do I really have any idea what the issue was really. Still feeling a little “blech” today, and woke up way too late to ride.

Just another manic Monday.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

I also was not in the mood to bike commute after 50 States and some hill riding yesterday, but I didn’t have a choice in the matter. My wife took the car out of town for work, so unless I call in sick, the bike is my only transportation option until Thursday. So I echo your “blech.”

Greenbelt
    Participant

Ha! For once, I didn’t overdo it on the road or on the dinner plate this weekend, so it was one of my strongest Mondays in a while. Plus Laurie’s been fiddling with my pedal/cleat interface, and my legs feel better positioned than ever — getting more power and comfort, and less stiffness after the ride. Not to rub it in, but the weather’s awesome… :)

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@Greenbelt 32024 wrote:

Ha! For once, I didn’t overdo it on the road or on the dinner plate this weekend, so it was one of my strongest Mondays in a while. Plus Laurie’s been fiddling with my pedal/cleat interface, and my legs feel better positioned than ever — getting more power and comfort, and less stiffness after the ride. Not to rub it in, but the weather’s awesome… :)

All-access to a bike shop AND a fit expert. Living the dream.

KelOnWheels
    Participant

I third your blech. Ran 12 miles yesterday so today is rest day. :P

Greenbelt
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 32028 wrote:

All-access to a bike shop AND a fit expert. Living the dream.

Oh, she was a dream even before she was a fit expert….

chris_s
    Participant

I drove today also – knees are still aching from 50 States.

Bilsko
    Participant

Rode 73 miles (50 along the C&O up to Point of Rocks) yesterday and was too lazy to put the front wheel back on my commuter bike this morning so I ended up taking the fixed gear down off the wall and riding that to work.

WHY!?!?! -my knees

JorgeGortex
    Participant

I bagged riding today too. Seems a large crowd. Had a 6am practice and by the time I got home I was running to late. Tomorrow is another day. Giddyup!

Dickie
    Participant

I took my first day off work in 2 months yesterday, sat around eating bad food and watching mind numbing TV… HOLY CRAP…. it was bliss. My morning commute was amazing, legs felt fresh, mind was relaxed, and the weather was just dumb! Now if I can only remember to take a few more days off this year!

CPTJohnC
    Participant

I decided to ride today because I was feeling too lazy to run. I’m thinking I should have run both for fitness reasons and because I had not one but two bonehead incidents this morning (mine). The first involved me passing a car on the left, which I don’t prefer, and the other involved making contact with a cab. Sure, he should have looked, but I should probably have been more patient and definitely shouldn’t have ridden up his right side when it seemed fairly likely he’d decide to drop his fare. No harm to me or my trusty steed, but it shook up the pedestrians on the sidewalk who had to watch me do my best levitation trick. Cabbie was apologetic faced.

consularrider
    Participant

No wonder the MUPs seemed a little more quiet this morning …

I have to admit, I was a bit slower than usual this morning after Saturday’s 50 States and Sunday’s PPTC Backroads Century (also need more sleep). The legs felt ok though and it was an absolutely beautiful morning to be out on the bike! :D

cephas
    Participant

Today was (hopefully) my last day not riding my commute. It’s been about 1.5 weeks under the weather. More bus and metro were prescribed, but missing the beautiful ride-weather out has been killing me! Power to those who’ve been powering on! and see y’all on the trails tomorrow evening!

Certifried
    Participant

@Greenbelt 32034 wrote:

Oh, she was a dream even before she was a fit expert….

You HAVE to say that!

And yes, as pointed out, tomorrow is another day. I’m looking forward to it. Needed something good for lunch today to wipe out the remaining ickies from the gut, so Afghan Kabob place was on the menu. I powered through a plate of lamb kabobs and, though they didn’t have the gut cleansing effect I need, they were absolutely delicious and made me happy.

dasgeh
    Participant

I was wondering while I didn’t see any cyclists in my direction this morning! Given, I headed in late, after a doctor’s appointment.

I love the little joy of walking into the OB’s office 8 months pregnant in my reflective jacket, carrying my bike helmet. I have to find some joy in going to the doctor SO OFTEN!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 6,790 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.