Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong…

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    americancyclo
    Participant

@jrenaut 85228 wrote:

Rule 9, motherb**ches!

Says the man who just bailed on helping to lead a convoy

jrenaut
    Participant

@americancyclo 85235 wrote:

Says the man who just bailed on helping to lead a convoy

That wasn’t for weather concerns, that was for “I have to take the kids to school in DC at 815” concerns

americancyclo
    Participant

@jrenaut 85236 wrote:

That wasn’t for weather concerns, that was for “I have to take the kids to school in DC at 815” concerns

Something something excuse. I’ll see you at freedom plaza in the rain. Who’s giving out rain capes or trash bags?

n18
    Participant

@n18 85075 wrote:

Don’t worry. It’s going to be Saturday instead of Friday. Usually the forecast is wrong about when raining starts. It’s always later than they predict

I noticed that when looking at the 10-Day forecast at the weather channel website, it only shows the chance of rain for daytime, not at night. It was showing last night and today that on Thursday, the chance of rain is 30%, but when I click on “Details”, it shows that it’s 30% for daytime, 100% for nighttime, so the rain was predicted to start Thursday evening and continues till Friday. Watch as this gets pushed forward, so rain is probably going to start on the overnight hours, and perhaps lasts all day Friday. Sorry for the gloomy prediction.:(

consularrider
    Participant

Do you think we can get 20,000 riders for rule #9 on Friday?

Vicegrip
    Participant

@consularrider 85252 wrote:

Do you think we can get 20,000 riders for rule #9 on Friday?

I know of one. 19,999 to go.

peterw_diy
    Participant

A Flash Flood Watch is in effect midnight to 6pm Friday. Rule 9, indeed.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

At least we’ve been getting in lots of Rule 9 practice this week. I don’t think there is a day this week it hasn’t rained at least some of the time.

SilverSpring
    Participant

Bike To Work Day looks like a bust
    All that rain will make the Steel Steed rust
    Still, I might try to power
    Through each passing shower
    For I’m made of muscle* not dust

*Don’t ask about my BMI and I won’t ask about yours

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

Look on the bright side….If the weather is crappy, attendance will fall off (as belle-weathers bail) and that means more FREE stuff for the faithful!

mstone
    Participant

@Fast Friendly Guy 85353 wrote:

Look on the bright side….If the weather is crappy, attendance will fall off (as belle-weathers bail) and that means more FREE stuff for the faithful!

I was planning to be there before 7, they probably won’t have given up yet. :(

rcannon100
    Participant

@Fast Friendly Guy 85353 wrote:

FREE stuff

For their to be Free Stuff, someone has to volunteer to work these pit stops. And the Volunteers may not get the concept of Rule 9 ~ standing in a thunderstorm for hours in a park. And frankly, I hope for the safety of the volunteers, those in charge make contingency plans.

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

@rcannon100 85358 wrote:

For their to be Free Stuff, someone has to volunteer to work these pit stops. And the Volunteers may not get the concept of Rule 9.

No sweat…we just reach over the unmanned table into the box of stuff on the other side (smiling in a friendly way, of course) and help ourselves!

BTW, since I’m still too beat up to “Ride to Work” on RTWD, I’m planning on: PYBTWD (Push Your Bike To Work Day) and I’m pushing the Black Battleship to the Rosslyn stop early–’cause I’m not missing out on my T-shirt again this year!

Rockford10
    Participant

Made some contingency plan purchases today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5601[/ATTACH]

What? I don’t melt, but any combination of the 9 year old, the 11 year old and the grandfather might.

n18
    Participant

Some good news: it looks like that rain is ending around 1:00 PM Friday according to the weather channel hourly forecast:

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Washington+DC+USDC0001:1:US

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.