Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong…

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong…

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 203 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@dkel 85621 wrote:

Am I the only one who got one of these shirts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5628[/ATTACH]

My wife got the BTWD shirt from the same stop. It’s cool that I got the alternate shirt (even though I don’t take Metro to work)!

I didn’t see that shirt. But I actually did bike to (BTWD then) Metro, then biked back home. (On CaBi, which is why I can take one-way bike trips like that. I do that fairly often.)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

The good news for today is that my bike seems to have recovered from my attempt to use it as a river vehicle through Rock Creek. Yesterday, my wheel lights were refusing to turn off, which I suspected had to do with their having been shorted out due to being immersed right up to the axle when I tried to pedal the bicycle over a section of Rock Creek Trail which had gotten overflowed by Rock Creek. However, they seem to have resumed normal functioning today.

Steve O
    Participant

@Steve O 85721 wrote:

One of these is not like the others.

@Fast Friendly Guy 85722 wrote:

Okay, Steve,…I’ll bite! –

Only one:

-is wearing black
    -works on Capitol Hill
    -has a dislocated shoulder and a half acre of road rash hidden tastefully under jacket and pants

Answer: One is standing around in a t-shirt in a freaking monsoon.

vern
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 85738 wrote:

The good news for today is that my bike seems to have recovered from my attempt to use it as a river vehicle through Rock Creek. Yesterday, my wheel lights were refusing to turn off, which I suspected had to do with their having been shorted out due to being immersed right up to the axle when I tried to pedal the bicycle over a section of Rock Creek Trail which had gotten overflowed by Rock Creek. However, they seem to have resumed normal functioning today.

I popped a spoke this morning which I’m blaming on the weather yesterday morning, even though the two are likely not connected. But I’ve got to blame something!

mstone
    Participant

@Steve O 85740 wrote:

Answer: One is standing around in a t-shirt in a freaking monsoon.

I took my raincoat off early on. It wasn’t very cold, and it was wetter inside than outside.

bobco85
    Participant

Here’s my video of Bike to Work Day 2014 – Monsoon Ride:
    [video=youtube_share;oXkQ2R1IDr8]http://youtu.be/oXkQ2R1IDr8[/video]

Contrast this year with last year: http://youtu.be/cDcRV-u7Ijk

I also realized from making the video that there were a lot more people that I did not recognize at first that morning that I now think, “Oh, that was [insert name]! How did I miss them?” and remember that it was early in the morning, way before my ability-to-recognize-people ability even kicks in.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

So how did you get through that stretch of trail at 2:15?

@bobco85 85754 wrote:

Here’s my video of Bike to Work Day 2014 – Monsoon Ride:
    [video=youtube_share;oXkQ2R1IDr8]http://youtu.be/oXkQ2R1IDr8[/video]

Contrast this year with last year: http://youtu.be/cDcRV-u7Ijk

I also realized from making the video that there were a lot more people that I did not recognize at first that morning that I now think, “Oh, that was [insert name]! How did I miss them?” and remember that it was early in the morning, way before my ability-to-recognize-people ability even kicks in.

bobco85
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 85756 wrote:

So how did you get through that stretch of trail at 2:15?

I had to cross Wilson Blvd the old-fashioned way (before this underpass was made) using an at-grade crossing (not the nearby pedestrian-activated one which is even newer than the underpass). If you pause at 1:59, you can see the trail going off to the right where you’ll go straight across Wilson Blvd next to where North Manchester Street intersects and you can rejoin the trail from the other side. Although it didn’t take too long to find a gap in traffic, being at the bottom of a valley was not ideal when dealing with speeding drivers in wet conditions!

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 203 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.