FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    mikeyhailstorm
    Participant

Hi All, excited to try freezing saddles for the first time. Need some motivation to stay on the saddle during the winter months, especially when I don’t have any indoor trainers. Located in Hyattsville and hope to see you all around.

Sullyvsn
    Participant

I’m new to Bike Arlington and Freezing Fannies. Was recommended to it by a friend that I ride with occassionally. Looking forward to it…..

jrenaut
    Participant

@Kurt 226402 wrote:

This is my first one! Surely, unless there’s ice, I can ride at least a mile a day, right? (mostly just getting a post in here…)

It’s all about how much effort you’re willing to put in to get a mile each day. A few years ago we were on vacation and my wife and I drove to a parking lot that had been cleared and did circles for 2 miles. The woman running the welcome center that owned the parking lot was puzzled and didn’t seem to get our explanation but she didn’t make us leave.

Porrick
    Participant

Hi all. My name is Patrick, and I’m new to Freezing Saddles. Regular, year round bike commuter and bike packer, with some MTB thrown in every once in a while. Looking forward to some cold-weather rides and maybe some reindeer games to keep it interesting. See you out there!

mikeyhailstorm
    Participant

Hi all, posting to try out Freezing Saddles for the first time. Looking forward to that winter motivation, especially without having an indoor trainer.

mlyttle
    Participant

Long-time cyclist, first-time poster…

Just wanted to say hi. I’m new here. I live in NW DC and do most of my riding in/around Rock Creek, though I always love exploring other local routes I find on Strava — big fan of the Tour De Farms/Powder Mill route, Tuckerman/McArthur Causeway loop etc. I did the WABA 50 States ride for the first time this year and enjoyed getting to see new parts of the city by bike and I’m really looking forward to pushing myself and trying the Freezing Saddles competition this winter.

If you ever see a yellow gravel bike on the roads or trails around here, say hi. It’s probably me.

best,
    Melissa

murphyjmh
    Participant

I’m a former dc bike commuter now suburban toddler mom, and a very inactive member of the Proteus Herd. It’s been a while since I rode a freezing saddle, but no better time than now!

donald
    Participant

I just learned about freezing saddles yesterday thanks to my coworker Anne at Phoenix Bikes. Seems like a cool group! I commute by bike year round and hope to do a small bikepacking trip this winter so hopefully I can be of some use to my team. I don’t expect to go too crazy, but I bet I can get at least a mile in each day…

olivia.casbarro
    Participant

woo!
    1) I feel so retro posting on a true forum
    2) this will be my first FS and I’m stoked to not
    be a winter weenie

Vblack
    Participant

Hi

wanderinggnome
    Participant

Hi I’m Naomi! New to Freezing Saddles and also to this forum. :)

Docthedog
    Participant

New to official Freezing Saddles this year due to peer pressure from friends last year!

Looking forward to keeping my motivation going through the winter!

Docthedog
    Participant

Officially signing up for freezing saddles this year after peer pressure from friends last year!

chill-dad
    Participant

This is my first time with Freezing Saddles, but I’ve been riding year round for a while.

agroves
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Annalise! This is my first post on the forum and am very excited to be joining FS this year. I’m actually kicking off the new year with a bikepacking trip out in AZ so will be off to a good start that first week. I am most excited about finding some good group rides here in DC and meeting other cyclists. Thanks so much to all the volunteers of the games!

Best,
    Annalise

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 505 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.