FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    fierceandfree
    Participant

@josh 194962 wrote:

Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first team two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I’ve met a bunch of people.

If you’re new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don’t need to open up a new thread. If you’re not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you’d like).

Hi, I gave up my car as of October 1 and have been only biking and taking Metro/bus (and occasionally Uber/Lyft) since then. I just bought a Class 1 (no throttle) “Vale Go!” e-bike, “Pearl the Electric Bike” on Instagram :), and I would love to participate in Freezing Saddles!

mr.ryanp
    Participant

Joining blazing saddles to bike more in the winter months. I am more of a runner than a cyclist.

aeagle23
    Participant

Looking forward to racking up the miles on my new touring bike!

Indiana
    Participant

@josh 194962 wrote:

Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first team two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I’ve met a bunch of people.

If you’re new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don’t need to open up a new thread. If you’re not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you’d like).

Thanks for an obvious place to post. This will be my first year. Looking forward to it!

ciavaras757
    Participant

Another newbie to Freezing Saddles! I bike everyday to work but my resilience to the cold has taken a dent this year so looking forward to being challenged by my fellow dedicated bikers.

joetats
    Participant

Hey everyone, started riding this summer and heard about the BAFS through the Reston Bike Club. Out in Leesburg and looking forward to riding a lot of chilly gravel this winter :D

margmcb
    Participant

threading the thread to register!

steph3bikes
    Participant

Hi all, first time FS competitor, long time bike rider. Excited to stay motivated with biking in the winter with this competition!

C Russell
    Participant

Looking for motivation in winter (and just don’t like riding a trainer)…

Adamt
    Participant

Hi everyone, my name is Adam. I’ve been riding three years and happy to have found a group / forum for riders in the area. Generally since a week commuter and weekend rider and always looking to ride more.

Thanks,

Adam

gmaassen
    Participant

Hi, I’m Gregory and being Dutch, I look forward to using my winter biking skills in this group.

margmcb
    Participant

New newbie joining the fun

Rollin_Betty
    Participant

This is my first year riding through the winter. Looking forward to enjoying the cooler weather.

tomacsh
    Participant

Hi, I’m Shannon…
    Ride bike on Sligo Creek in the cold to work so might as well make it count this year Freezing Saddles!

@josh 194962 wrote:

Coworker mentioned how stressful bafs was, so I thought I’d give it a go. Looking forward to raising my winter mileage.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 505 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.