FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FS Newbies — introduce yourself here!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    josh
    Participant

Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first time two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I’ve met a bunch of people.

If you’re new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don’t need to open up a new thread. If you’re not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you’d like).

lordofthemark
    Participant

@josh 194962 wrote:

Hey everyone! I did BAFS for the first team two years ago in 2018 and it was awesome. I ride my bike(s) a lot more now, and I’ve met a bunch of people.

If you’re new to the forums, you can get your required first post here, so you don’t need to open up a new thread. If you’re not new, still feel free to let people know a bit about you (if you’d like).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7XBWbi9AA

musclys
    Participant

@josh 194962 wrote:

that was a very nice way of saying OK ENOUGH ALREADY STOP CLOGGING THE FORUM WITH NEW “I’M NEW HERE THREADS!” — Josh’s Anger Translator :)

jrenaut
    Participant

I’m Jon. I bike with my kids a lot, and I bike to get beer a lot. My first Freezing Saddles was I think 2014 and my last was cut short in early March by a torn Achilles. I handle a lot of the special leaderboards at the BAFS website for people’s pointless prizes.

Also I have the BAFS database credentials. Bribes ARE accepted.

rlwjr7212
    Participant

trying to register for freezing saddles seem to be lost in an endless maze of administrivia

rlwjr7212
    Participant

Hi I’m a newbie is this how this works?

jrenaut
    Participant

@rlwjr7212 194981 wrote:

Hi I’m a newbie is this how this works?

No, it works by following the instructions in the general info thread.

QuikAF77
    Participant

Hi I’m Matt! First FS was in 2016. Took 2019 off as I didn’t have the motivation to really put in miles. Looking to start a new ride streak in 2020 and break my previous longest of 838 days. Hoping to use FS as motivation to put in some long rides, need the base miles for some big gravel events I plan to ride in 2020. I’m often in neon pink and green as a member of the Team BikenetiCult.

Steve O
    Participant

@QuikAF77 194992 wrote:

I’m often in neon pink and green as a member of the Team BikenetiCult.

As depicted here:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20539[/ATTACH]

bmillah
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m Brian. This will be my third year doing BAFS, have had a blast the previous two years participating in this challenge. I’m in suburban MD and do a fair bit of riding in the dark, either night or early mornings. The neighbors and wife think I’m crazy, but absolutely love this. I’ll be at the opening HH in January and hope to meet more of you this year.

jrenaut
    Participant

@bmillah 194995 wrote:

Hey everyone, I’m Brian. This will be my third year doing BAFS, have had a blast the previous two years participating in this challenge. I’m in suburban MD and do a fair bit of riding in the dark, either night or early mornings. The neighbors and wife think I’m crazy, but absolutely love this. I’ll be at the opening HH in January and hope to meet more of you this year.

Little known fact – if at some point during BAFS you are NOT called crazy by a friend or loved one, we dock your points by 50%.

musclys
    Participant

@jrenaut 194997 wrote:

if at some point during BAFS you are NOT called crazy by a friend or loved one

That someone would wait until Freezing Saddles, and would sacrifice 3x the annual chances to be so characterized strikes me as, um, what’s that word?

200w_d.gif

PaulRG
    Participant

Glad to be here and looking forward to more rides this winter.

engoogy
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’ve been riding bikes for as long as I can remember! I’ve been active in WTF Rides with Rag n Bones in Richmond, Slaughterama, the Lime Connect metric century, Team Not Team, cyclocross and more! I believe more people should switch from cars to bikes to cut down on traffic and save the planet <3 hoping to do Freezing Saddles!!!

treeotter
    Participant

Hi, I’m Laurel. This will be my first Freezing Saddles!

I have a very wonky commute that takes me to different public-transit-unfriendly suburban places on different days of the week. Biking to work at least a few days a week has been a huge improvement over sitting in traffic in my car, and I’m hoping that participating in this competition will motivate me to get out on my bike even when it’s cold.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.