Freezing Saddles Scoreboard backend "soft launch"

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles Scoreboard backend "soft launch"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    hozn
    Participant

Hi folks –

I’ve gone ahead and pushed out a new version of the Freezing Saddles scoreboard / data analysis application. Most of the guts are the same, though the Strava API library had to be rewritten (since their new API is very different). Also, the site layout looks much different (better), thanks to jrenaut!

At this point we don’t have teams yet (it’s just configured for the single “BikeArlington” club), so there’s really no data, but if you’d like to help us iron out bugs, please go ahead and authorize this app to read your Strava data!

http://freezingsaddles.com/authorize

Once we have some more authorization tokens (i.e. the auth codes we get when you allow this app to read your data), we can work out any bugs related to ride synchronization. And once we have more data, we can start building out a few of the other pages we want to create. (E.g. we’ll have a text-only scoreboard reminiscent of ronwalf’s from last year with clickable links; the Google charts are cool, but not so useful for drilling down to Strava club or athlete pages, etc.)

Any feedback appreciated, of course. :)

And when the mechanics are working smoothly I’ll turn my attention back to developing some cool branding.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

Even if I’m not participating in the contest, would it mess up things if I authorized my account to show up on the scoreboard?

hozn
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 71499 wrote:

Even if I’m not participating in the contest, would it mess up things if I authorized my account to show up on the scoreboard?

No, that’d be great! (I’m also “signed up” even though I won’t be participating.)

hozn
    Participant

And just to be clear, I have no idea what is wrong with the individual leaderboards :) The scores are pretty wild. Probably has to do with changing the timeframe for the competition for testing. Anyway, we’ll sort these things out before real launch.

ronwalf
    Participant

Looks like the ‘people’ section is throwing errors (500 Internal Server Error)?

Did the soft launch score period start this week? I’m not showing up, yet.

hozn
    Participant

Yeah, the (test) period is supposed to be from Dec 1. There were (probably still are) some issues with sync, but I would expect your activities to show up shortly if they have not yet.

I will check out the people section – thanks! I just blindly pulled latest repo and did not sync up with jrenaut on that (he is working on that feature).

jrenaut
    Participant

I’m not seeing 500 errors – has something changed? Hozn and I are still getting into the swing of working together on this, so there may be some missed signals here and there.

ronwalf
    Participant

@jrenaut 71548 wrote:

I’m not seeing 500 errors – has something changed? Hozn and I are still getting into the swing of working together on this, so there may be some missed signals here and there.

It’s working for me now, too (and my rides showed up).

jrenaut
    Participant

@ronwalf 71549 wrote:

It’s working for me now, too (and my rides showed up).

Okay, good. Let me know if there’s something you’d like to see there.

hozn
    Participant

Yeah, I fixed it, no prob. I think it was a code path that wasn’t exercised with the old data.

Subby
    Participant

Is there a way to show both the competitor’s strava name AND their forum name?

jrenaut
    Participant

Easy to display, but not so easy to get the data. Maybe next year we can add that to the signup form.

hozn
    Participant

@jrenaut 71593 wrote:

Easy to display, but not so easy to get the data. Maybe next year we can add that to the signup form.

I think rcannon put it on the form? So if we get a dump of the registration results we should be able to add it to the database.

It might be nice to also get the handicap numbers so we could have metrics for how hard folks are pushing themselves (or sandbagging, I guess).

jrenaut
    Participant

Oh, right, I had forgotten that was on the form. Disregard my previous message.

bikeeveryday
    Participant

Me too. Just “signed up” but won’t be joining any team. Wanted to see how this works out.

@hozn 71500 wrote:

No, that’d be great! (I’m also “signed up” even though I won’t be participating.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.