Freezing Saddles Happy Hour

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles Happy Hour

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    KelOnWheels
    Participant

I’ll be coming by Metro like a big ol’ LIMPY McLIMPERSON. :(

Stupid knee. 😡

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

Kel,

I can give you a ride home if you don’t mind going to the Phoenix Bike Show. FYI to others, I’m going to post a little more info about the happy hour here shortly.

Kathy

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

If you’re coming by bike from the MVT, make a left on Crystal Drive and go a block or two until you see McCormick and Schmicks on your right. Can’t miss it. Directly above their sign is a big sign for Baileys. The entrance to Baileys is just after McCormick and Schmicks on Crystal Drive. Just after Baileys are nice racks that are normally for eight bikes. Don’t forget that the Phoenix Bike Show will have bike valet near their location (after 6:45 pm) for that part of the evening. The location of the bike valet is on the parking map on their website.

There’s bikeshare all over Crystal City, if that helps anyone coming by metro, although it’s almost as easy to walk.

If coming by car, I suggest pulling the Crystal City parking map from the Phoenix Bike Show website, http://www.phoenixbikes.org. It shows several parking garages that are free after 4 p.m. Last night I biked over to check out the one right door next to Baileys (not on the Phoenix Bikes parking map). The entrance from Crystal Drive looked like it led mostly to “residents only” parking, although I was told that the public could park for free after 4 pm in separate areas of that garage. If you’re just coming to Baileys, you can try that garage, or you might want to consider the #4 parking site on the Phoenix CC parking map.

A note about payment: Baileys has been wonderful in making our room available and agreeing to do individual checks for over 40 people who are basically all coming and leaving at the same time. In order for that to run as smoothly as possible and get us all out in time to get to the Phoenix Bike Show, they are asking that we all pay by credit card and give them our card with our first order so they can run a tab.

I think that’s it! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

Bilsko
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 47076 wrote:

I think that’s it! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

Thanks for the update and instructions – you do realize that you’re going to get like 40+ free drinks, don’t you?

KelOnWheels
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 47072 wrote:

Kel,

I can give you a ride home if you don’t mind going to the Phoenix Bike Show. FYI to others, I’m going to post a little more info about the happy hour here shortly.

Kathy

Oh that would be awesome! Thanks!

americancyclo
    Participant

I’ll try to make the 440 CaBi meetup as well!

KLizotte
    Participant

Phoenix will also be hosting a bike valet.

jrenaut
    Participant

8578060333_6cacb478dd.jpg
    Bike moustache by thetejon, on Flickr

KelOnWheels
    Participant

[attach]2565[/attach]

ELITE!

That was awesome!

KayakCyndi
    Participant

Very ELITE. Tomorrow I’ll wear my tiara!

e8yguzu8.jpg

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

The 4:40 convoy: me, rcannon, jrenaut, Steve A, Dismal, and AmericanCyclo

8579220620_36a298cfbe.jpg

Justin Antos
    Participant

(Most of) Team V in victory!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2566[/ATTACH]

ArlingtonRider is Queen of Hains Point!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2567[/ATTACH]

rcannon100
    Participant

Thank you

• Amy
    • Kathy
    • Ron
    • Hans
    • Mike
    • Tim and Bike Arlington
    • Henry and Phoenix Bikes

Congratulations to Team V for Victory.

Thank you for the Swings Coffee Mug!!

Steve
    Participant

Thanks to all who had a hand in BAFS. It was a great idea from the start (Mike), and the hard work of many (Bob, Ron, Hans, Kathy, all the pointless prize givers, and the riders) it was fun all the way thru. Congrats to all on the huge number of miles and smacking winter in the face!

Also, it was great fun to meet so many of you last night, really an enjoyable time. On the way home, I got a Top 10 trophy on Strava. It was kind of windy and I wasn’t riding that fast, so I was very surprised. When I looked at it, I realized only 17 people had rode the segment. That’ll bring you back down to earth.

Finally, how awesome is this spring riding!

Greenbelt
    Participant

That Bike Arlington scarf rocked this morning.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2568[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.