Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    rcannon100
    Participant

Thank you Bike Arlington, WABA, CABI, goDCgo, LAB, BIDs, NPS, Freshbikes, Revolution Bikes, Phoenix Bikes, REI, Bikespace! and other people I am sure. Thank you also to the BACs. And the Interagency Task Force.

I remember when BTWD was one pitstop, down on Freedom Plaza. Boy have things changed! Back in the day, we use to aggregate in meeting points in the burbs, and “convoy” into Freedom Plaza. 100s of bikes in a pack – I believe at times just taking over bridges. That was fun. But today, 12,500 registered (of course I registered 2000 times trying to win the free bikes)! ~50 pit stops. It was fun pitstop hopping.

You bike advocate people. You done good. We cycle-to-work people ding our bike bells in your general direction in appreciation!!!!

Megabeth
    Participant

I “manned” the prize table in Ballston and then scurried to “man” the BAC table in Rosslyn. On my way to Rosslyn, I said “Happy Bike to Work Day!” to the cyclists I went by and ultimately, I picked up a little convoy of folks along Clarendon Boulevard that followed me like ducklings down to the rest stop.

It was fantastic seeing everyone today. I got to talk to a lot of new riders and those that are daily riders. Such enthusiasm for getting out and riding is contagious!

SpokeGrenadeSR
    Participant

rosslyn was definitely bumpin, but crystal city had a sweeeet fountain. so much fun this morning. probably put in 40 miles before noon what with some errands i got lost during.

and i got a very enthusiastic “good morning” from a runner on the WOD in falls church, i wish i had time to register what she said and respond with more than a smile & nod.
    good day for everyone it seemed.

dbb
    Participant

It was indeed pretty sweet!

Linked up with Consularrider at Old Town, then up to Crystal City and Rosslyn. Crystal City folks were outstanding and this was the last day of the CC BID’s BTWWeek as they have had the pit stop open all week.

Rosslyn was indeed a happening place, with BikeArlington vuvuzelas (and bananas). Remains to be seen how the vuvuzela will “play” at home.

Crossed over to DC and did Golden Triangle and Reagan Building. The silver coffee urns at Reagan added a touch of class to the affair.

Found Arlingtonrider at Reagan and then did a bit of JRA. A fine morning.

Photos soon.

rcannon100
    Participant

I “manned” the prize table in Ballston and then scurried to “man” the BAC table in Rosslyn.

I thought it was like batman or something. Never see Batman and Adam West in the same room, or however that line goes. First I saw you in Ballston, then poof you were magically at Rosslyn! There had to be two of you!

Stivnik
    Participant

@KLizotte 17081 wrote:

If I were anywhere near Marriott HQ I’d definitely stop by this pit stop. Thanks Marriott and Steve for setting up what sounds like an awesome BTWD stop.

Awesome day! We had over a hundred riders come through our stop. If you were one of them, thanks for spending part of your Bike to Work Day with us. The weather was perfect, our sponsors were terrific – All American Bikes, Revolution, Corner Bakery, 5 hour Energy, Bakery de France – and we gave out a lot of Marriott breakfast gift certificates and prizes. Will post links to pics if anyone is interested.

KLizotte
    Participant

Just a friendly reminder to all to say thanks to the sponsors if you frequent their restaurants / stores / establishments; I’m sure the managers and staff would appreciate it (also a nice reminder that cyclists do spend money).

Dirt
    Participant

@KLizotte 20172 wrote:

Just a friendly reminder to all to say thanks to the sponsors if you frequent their restaurants / stores / establishments; I’m sure the managers and staff would appreciate it (also a nice reminder that cyclists do spend money).

Thanks. I need to call the yoga folks that sponsored West FC pitstop and sign up for some classes with them.

I’ll give Jan from Bikenetic a big, huge bear hug the next time I see him. :D

acc
    Participant

Hey Dirt, pass that business name along. I need some yoga.

Chick-Fil-A was terrific about feeding the masses at Ballston.
    BikeArlington passed out tons of swag.

In fact please pass along names of businesses that came out to support BTWD so we can return the favor.

ann

Dirt
    Participant

Sorry, that was evil of me. I was posting from my phone and didn’t have the info with me. They’re Little River Yoga. They’ve got a few locations and a really good schedule of classes and sessions that you can take part in. Their web site is awesome http://home.littleriveryoga.com/

Stair was the woman who was out working with us.

Rock on!!!

Dirt

Riley Casey
    Participant

Is it just me or has anyone else speculated on the possibility of a rumble between the Chick-Fil-a cow and the PETA lettuce ladies? :rolleyes:

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.