Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

@dbb 19565 wrote:

I cleared the pitstop at 0650 and got nothing but a patch kit. I demand my bagel!

Don’t forget, the Crystal City pitstop doesn’t open until 7 am. This morning the swag was a rear blinkie and they added bananas and granola bars to the bagels. Still very few riders out in the rain.

And for Pete, they are giving away pink water bottles (the Holistic Point, not the CCBID).

txgoonie
    Participant

Got my blinkie light – yay!

The CC BID table was full of bagels and coffee, and cyclists were riding right by! Take a second, Crystal City folks – get yourself a bagel. You earned it!

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

I plan to stop by tomorrow. It was really pouring down when I wanted to leave this morning. I have lots of admiration for those of you who made it!

vvill
    Participant

Wait, the CC pitstop is open all week? I’m there! This one, right?
    http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/arlington-crystal-city-water-park-pit-stop/

Yeah it was a wet one this morning. I still need to newspaper my shoes.

consularrider
    Participant

@vvill 19630 wrote:

Wait, the CC pitstop is open all week? I’m there! This one, right?
    http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/arlington-crystal-city-water-park-pit-stop/

Yeah it was a wet one this morning. I still need to newspaper my shoes.

Yep, that’s the one. Stop by, I’m sure they would like the company.

dbb
    Participant

Bagels were available today. Thank you CC BID.

I’m hoping the rain increased my chances for the BTWW prizes from the BID.

eminva
    Participant

@acc 19607 wrote:

So here is the person to contact: Megan Van de Mark megan@waba.org

Good news, I was able to confirm with Megan that I am indeed registered for the Rosslyn pitstop. Not only do I get a t-shirt, but my chances are just as good as those of anyone who also registered at Rosslyn that I might be taking home a new bike.

@dbb
    , are they giving away jerseys again this year at Crystal City for those who commute every day? I seem to recall that was a very nice looking jersey.

Liz

consularrider
    Participant

@eminva 19649 wrote:

Good news, I was able to confirm with Megan that I am indeed registered for the Rosslyn pitstop. Not only do I get a t-shirt, but my chances are just as good as those of anyone who also registered at Rosslyn that I might be taking home a new bike.

@dbb
    , are they giving away jerseys again this year at Crystal City for those who commute every day? I seem to recall that was a very nice looking jersey.

Liz

I don’t think so. What I think I heard them say this morning was that there would be some kind of raffle.

zanna_leigh
    Participant

@consularrider 19659 wrote:

I don’t think so. What I think I heard them say this morning was that there would be some kind of raffle.

I actually spoke to Joe with the BID a few weeks ago and he did say that they will be giving away jerseys to everyone who rides everyday during bike to work week and checks in at the table.

jpetty1
    Participant

@zanna_leigh 19663 wrote:

I actually spoke to Joe with the BID a few weeks ago and he did say that they will be giving away jerseys to everyone who rides everyday during bike to work week and checks in at the table.

Last year the BID gave away jerseys to the top 50 riders of the week. This year they are handing out a different prize everyday. The BID will be raffling off 10 Crystal City jerseys at Bike to Work Day on Friday.

vvill
    Participant

@consularrider 19632 wrote:

Yep, that’s the one. Stop by, I’m sure they would like the company.

I have no idea where that is relative to the trail! Even after consulting a map :confused: I’ve only ridden Mt Vernon a couple times and both times I was on the wheel of someone from this forum. I’ll try to find it though… I never scoff at free bagels.

dbb
    Participant

@vvill 19677 wrote:

I have no idea where that is relative to the trail! Even after consulting a map :confused: I’ve only ridden Mt Vernon a couple times and both times I was on the wheel of someone from this forum. I’ll try to find it though… I never scoff at free bagels.

Head south on the MVT past Roach’s Run (parking lot with porta potties). Go past the DCA fence where the trail is wedged between the parkway and the fence and up a trail overpass over a DCA access road. About 100 yards past the end of that bridge you will see another bridge to your front and a trail off to your right. Take the right. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1043[/ATTACH]

It doubles back under the MVT and goes under the GWMP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1044[/ATTACH]

Then goes under the railroad tracks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1045[/ATTACH]

and up to the Crystal City Water Park

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1046[/ATTACH]

txgoonie
    Participant

Got a bell today in Crystal City!

Beautiful day – lots of cyclists out. Many are still rolling right past the pit stop, though. Folks must not love bagels as much as I do;-)

vvill
    Participant

Thanks dana! I found it successfully. I also mapped my ride in advance and noted the approx mileage of the turn off, and luckily Street View also had some good vistas. Funny thing was another cyclist asked for directions on my way into DC – that always seems to happen whenever I’m somewhere relatively new.

Nice to see you, consularrider. I’ll try to arrive earlier tomorrow so we can actually chat a bit.

I got a bell, a purple t-shirt leftover from last year, a granola bar, bagel, banana and a coffee – well worth the 8 mi detour!

eminva
    Participant

I took the long road in and also stopped at the Crystal City Pitstop for bagel and bell. Right after I left I ran into a cyclist with a flat tire on the MVT. I didn’t have a pump, so I directed him back to the pit stop so hopefully someone there could help him.

Kudos to you MVT regulars — it is busy and narrow.

Liz

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.