Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2012 Bike to Work Day – Best Pitstops

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Stivnik
    Participant

Update: Welcoming All-American Bicycles from Damascus as our second bike shop sponsor! Plus, we are raffling off a Trek 7.2 FX commuter bike! Great odds of winning compared to Bethesda, and we will have food, music, and other great prizes! Register and Ride to the Marriott HQ Pit Stop at Rock Springs Business Park. We are at the intersection of Fernwood Road and Rockledge Drive. See you next Friday!

Dirt
    Participant

@americancyclo 17714 wrote:

I was imagining someone trying to hoist Tim on to their back and ride off to work. :p

I’ll ride the fat bike that day. It won’t be a problem. Have your camera ready.

Stivnik
    Participant

We will be raffling off this Trek 7.2 FX at our Marriott / Rock Springs Business Park Pit Stop on Bike to Work Day. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1001[/ATTACH] Start your day with us – refreshments, prizes, and music. Plus, two local bike shops – All American Bike Shop and Revolution Cycles – will be providing pit stop support! This is like getting a massage for your bike! All that, plus the Bike to Work Day t-shirt and giveaways! For registration and information, please visit: http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org/
    Remember to select “MD – Rock Springs Business Park” See you and your bike on Friday, May 18th! Pit stop open from 6:30 – 9:00 AM.

For the latest updates on Bike to Work Day at Marriott, follow us on Twitter @MarrVelo

consularrider
    Participant

I have to give a big thumbs up to the volunteers at the Crystal City pitstop that were out in the rain this morning with coffee and bagels. Thanks for the hot drink and patch kit swag, but it was too wet for the chair massage. It’s also great that this pitstop runs all week! :D

Dirt
    Participant

Leesburg stop opens at 0600 on Friday. ;)

dbb
    Participant

@consularrider 19558 wrote:

I have to give a big thumbs up to the volunteers at the Crystal City pitstop that were out in the rain this morning with coffee and bagels. Thanks for the hot drink and patch kit swag, but it was too wet for the chair massage. It’s also great that this pitstop runs all week! :D

I cleared the pitstop at 0650 and got nothing but a patch kit. I demand my bagel!

eminva
    Participant

Not to rain on anyone’s parade of pit stops, but if we see a huge upsurge in first time or occasional bike commuters this Friday, it might be difficult or ill-advised to race along the local MUTs racking up pit stop visits . . .

Liz

Dirt
    Participant

@eminva 19566 wrote:

Not to rain on anyone’s parade of pit stops, but if we see a huge upsurge in first time or occasional bike commuters this Friday, it might be difficult or ill-advised to race along the local MUTs racking up pit stop visits . . .

Liz

Absolutely! This isn’t a day for anything but setting a great example for how to ride on a MUT and be there to help people who might have problems.

Greenbelt
    Participant

I may have mentioned this in another thread, but the City of Greenbelt is hosting a pitstop for the first time this year (by the pool/fitness center). The official WABA convoy for DC leaves at 6:30am and will make a pick up in downtown College Park. An unofficial convoy (taking a slightly less hilly route and NOT stopping in College Park) will leave at 7:30am. We’ll be at the Lake Artemesia parking lot around 7:50; Wells Ice rink parking lot around 8am. Of course, if someone is slow or has a flat we might be a little late… All are welcome to join up.

As always, here’s a video showing the route:
    [video=vimeo;38578601]https://vimeo.com/38578601[/video]

d_flo_yo
    Participant

I’m riding from Falls Church to Bethesda, glad I picked the Marriott HQ when I registered!

eminva
    Participant

I registered as soon as they opened registration, and now I can’t remember which pitstop I registered for. I went to the Bike to Work Day website to see if I could look it up there, and it said I should have gotten a confirmation email from WABA when I registered. I never received a confirmation email. Did others get one? Should I register again? Wander aimlessly among pitstops until someone feels sorry for me and gives me a t-shirt? Advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Liz

consularrider
    Participant

Try the WABA Events inquiry email: events@waba.org.

I did get a confirmation from WABA back in March when I registered. I supposed you’ve cleaned out your inbox. My registration on March 14th was shortly after they opened.

acc
    Participant

Complain to Blacknell, make him work for a change.

I was lucky, there was a foul-up with my registration so I had to be hand-processed.

So here is the person to contact: Megan Van de Mark megan@waba.org

rcannon100
    Participant

Wander aimlessly among pitstops until someone feels sorry for me and gives me a t-shirt? Advice appreciated.

In past years, I’ve had no prob. Just walk up and they are throwing T shirts out to the crowd. Not a big thing. “Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please consult a financial ad visor.”

dbb
    Participant

@acc 19607 wrote:

I was lucky, there was a foul-up with my registration so I had to be hand-processed.

Rhinestones on the registration forms prevents automated processing. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.