2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/18/2024

after weeks of looking, I finally found money! Not enough for a cup of coffee, but I included the money found when I rounded up my payment at the grocery store today.

bikingjenn
    Participant

2/18/24 Found this leather tag on the ground when @boomer was teaching us about shipbuilding in Alexandria. Learned s few new things

consularrider
    Participant

#treat – 2/19/2024 – Another ear warmer band, a Smartwool merino one on Ohio Dr by the John Ericsson Memorial

consularrider
    Participant

#treat – 2/20/2024 – Today’s ear band warmer was on top of the 7 mm on the W&OD’s Citizens Bridge over W Broad St in Falls Church

Nadine
    Participant

2/20/24

I found a hat today up near Langston & Glebe. Put it on the cone to be found

I’m thinking it’s probably okay to post 2 pictures on one post if they’re different views of the same found object – but lmk if I’m off about that.

This pic I’m including  cuz it has the cross street

bikingjenn
    Participant

2/20/24 three treats–a pink silicone doodad that I have no idea what it’s for other than to adorn my bike; a bic lighter, a drill bit

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/20/24 – Another crazy treat found on the Carl Henn Millennium Trail. When I picked it up, it completely feel part. The only useful part was possibly the stick.

consularrider
    Participant

treats – 2/21/2024 – Looks like somebody left the bow behind from their Valentines Day TREAT on E Columbia St in Falls Church

Laurie E.
    Participant

2/21/24 #Treats

I found hair scrunchies that I can use to hold together my spare inner tubes.

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/21/24 – See a penny, pick it up, all day long have good luck!

bikingjenn
    Participant

2/21/24 you can’t make this up. I found a drivers license on the ground this morning. I came home and telephoned the person I had googled. She would be at work Near where the license was lost later today. So, that was the beginning of my second ride today. Not only did I get to return the license. We chatted, and we come from the same part of the country. She is relatively new, and Arlington, and is interested in biking, so I told her all about her lovely community and plan to have her join me on some rides. We hit it off immediately, so I could be making a another new friend because of Freezing Saddles. The happy meetup for the return of the treat found in the photo below.

consularrider
    Participant

#treats – 2/22/2024 – Ball! on the Holmes Run Trail next to Brookvalley Park.  It didn’t belong to any of the kids there (I did manage to return a tennis ball at Bluemont Park yesterday, but I had already claimed the treat from an earlier ride)

bikingjenn
    Participant

2/22/24 Excited for this hat and curious where I posted the drivers license yesterday???

Will take to my grandson the Cat in the Hat hat found during my bike ride on a table marked as free in someone’s front yard. Left some other worthy items behind

<hr />

Nadine
    Participant

2/22/24 – Chair

Does this count as a street treat? When it has a “FREE” sign on it like this? Idk cuz it’s kinda large 🤔🤷🏻or 🤔 maybe it’s a moot question cuz I forgot to put my bike in the pic? But lmk anyhow cuz if it’s OK except it needs a bike I’ll see if it’s still there tomorrow 😁

Nadine
    Participant

2/23/24 – glove

I found this wet glove on the W&OD just below Carlin Springs rd.

I put it on a mile marker post to be better seen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.