2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Boomer Cycles
    Participant

Good luck @SteveO with finding another right glove w/ 3 long fingers; BTW were other 2 fingers short? Or missing altogether??

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@DCAKen those jumper cables would’ve been a great pointless prize for this reindeer game, especially for someone with an ebike LOL

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@CaseyKane50 looks to be the early #treats leader though could be leaped frogged by someone else who reunites the owner with either of those lost socks or gloves.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@bikingjenn that long neck funnel would’ve been another great pointless prize for this reindeer game especially for someone without a fluid reservoir buried deep within the inner workings of their bicycle;-)

CaseyKane50
    Participant

1/12/2024 workman’s glove

retrieved the glove for SteveO, but realized it was not what he was looking for. Put it in a trash can.

LeftyLaura
    Participant

1/13/24 a treat! No I didn’t eat it. There was also a button battery, think it a crash?

bikesnick
    Participant

1/19/2024

I found this single glove in the middle of a street. It might belong to THING, but I left it there.

Nadine
    Participant

1/19/24 treat

Jenn was the treat I found today. She’s outta town tomorrow for 3 weeks….We’ve been snow/ice/slush buddies  and today I was gonna go it alone  – but instead I got to ride with her one last time 🤩- AND the w&od was well plowed all the way to Walter Reed – another treat!

I’m probably pushing it on the rules here, but she really did feel like a treat 😁🤷🏻

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

Thanks for playing @nadine and while I agree that @BikingJenn is perfectly good, she definitely wasn’t dropped or discarded so you can’t claim her as “treats”. Please remove the #treats hashtag from your Strava ride title. Thank you.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

The snow and ice retreat due to the Big Thaw is bound to reveal lots of #treats that have been hidden from view for the past few weeks. Happy hunting for #treats!

CaseyKane50
    Participant

1/25/2024 Found this keychain charm just waiting to be flattened by a driver Rescued it from the road and attached it to No Parking. Hopefully, the owner will see the charm and retrieve it.

DCAKen
    Participant

1/24/24 I found this flashing glowstick in Rock Creek Park. As I took it’s picture, a ninja ran by and I offered it to her.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@DCAken did the ninja accept your gift offer?

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

1/25 – found a spanking new, orphan, Planet Bike, insulated, shoe cover while riding on the MVT near the water treatment plant. Might keep if it pairs well with another orphan shoe cover I have at home  or donate it to another freezing saddler.
    Treats - shoe cover

DCAKen
    Participant

Unfortunately not, so I put it on my bike for additional visibility

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.