2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Pointless Prize: Street #Treats

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    bikesnick
    Participant

1/27/2024  – ride on Vespa

I turned around after finding this push Vespa in the road, but left it because it probably belongs to the child in the house behind the hedge.

bikingjenn
    Participant

omg, so many street #treats at my first Mardi Gras. Not inly did I give some of the beads I found on the ground to others, I used them to continue to decorate Sprout, my little green Brompton friend.

So here’s the photo of the street treats, and the second photo is the recycled use of them.

Reused street treats

Nadine
    Participant

2/5/24 treats!

Well I ride with Joan today so I finally found a treat.* It’s a hat of course – on my pedal. I put it on a hydrant after I took the pic. (I didn’t think I’d use it, and Joan has enough hats already.)

*Tbh she found both this hat and the one she posted 😁🤷🏻(or will post.)

CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/6/2024 This is a sad treat. Can’t imagine how the other pair of the shark family is getting along. I left this securely out of the wind, but visible in case its mate or young owner returns. Should you know the owner, the shark is awaiting rescue on the ramp between Washington Street and Route 1  (Alexandria/Fairfax border).

CaseyKane50
    Participant

2/7/2024

Finally found a useful treat. Brought the pliers home to donate.

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/7/24 – Found this on my ride but not exactly sure what it was. But the flames were eye-catching.

Sophie CW
    Participant

2/8/24 – This is a terrible treat to find along my ride! Had to move this all over to the side to get by…ugh!

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

2/10 – found two #treats, a contractor’s hose/cable wrap w/ a handle, that I didn’t have time to pick up in the middle of a busy intersection, and a string backpack, which I did pick up.

Nadine
    Participant

2/13/24 – glove liner found at the top of the Custis corkscrew -by Jenn on our way down, but she didn’t wanna stop, so I said she could get it on our way back up. But instead she got a flat at the bottom and got a ride home, so I took its pic instead.

I put it on the Custis 2.5 mile marker post for the owner to see if s/he comes back for it

consularrider
    Participant

#treats – 2/14/2024 – Found this soaking wet Bike Arlington microfiber towel on Columbia St in Falls Church.  It was all wadded up when I first saw it

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

2/14 – lid for a 5 gallon pail which I took home and used for our compost container (which is a Home Depot bucket) Lid

consularrider
    Participant

#treats – 2/16/2024 – Too bad it was empty!

bikingjenn
    Participant
    1. 2/17/24 Left a wet glove and a wet tennis sock on the road in DC and was happy to see a toy in the gutter near home in N Arlington. Left it there near the car in the hope that the owner will find it and be able to use it with the appropriate game or toy.

if only there were a #found where we post all of the found items and then owners who #lost them will get them back.

consularrider
    Participant

#treat – 2/18/2024 – Air Force ear warmer band found on the outer loop of the East Potomac Pack cycletrack near the golf course parking lot

Nadine
    Participant

2/18/24 Pretty accessory found at Fort Hunt. The first pic shows it on my bike,and for the 2nd I laid it out on a picnic table so the jewels were visible.

Not quite sure what it is. Left it laid on the table for (hopefully) the person who lost it to find.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.