#PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition #PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Viewing 7 posts - 676 through 682 (of 682 total)
  • Author

@cvcaloun Yes, I did try to see your bike in the blowup but just couldn’t see any bikes. Believe me, I did try. Might be just the cruddy resolution on the Forum and Strava

@karenbikes2gmail-com, did you see my blow-up of the part between the two sculptures in my second post? That shows a whole line-up of bikes (I’m counting 6 of them) , including mine, in a bike rack.

I will of course accept your judgment if you can’t see it.

bikingjenn
    Participant

3-18 LOVED this Mama Ayesha mural on Calvert St NW that I happened upon

Nadine
    Participant

3/18/24

Flower on storefront at Navy Yard The blurry thing on the bottom right is a bit of my bike

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@karenbikes2gmail-com, I’m going to try one more time to get through the limitations of the forum.  Believe me, it’s not you I’m frustrated with.  I just know I made very sure to get an angle in which the bikes would show between the two sculptures, and checked the photo on my phone after I took it to make sure the bikes would show–and then to have the limitations of the forum get me in the end is frustrating.  I’m hoping the wheels at the bottom are visible.  And that yellow-green thing on the left side is my helmet, which is hanging from my handlebars.

I promise I’ll give up if this doesn’t do it.

Boomer Cycles
    Participant

3/18 – painted coffee table top in Old Town Alexandria VA Coffee tableMany thanks @karenbikes2-gmail for taking over this pointless prize this year as I know how time consuming it can be to curate given it’s popularity. And thanks to all of the PublicArtFinders out there for sharing some incredible art finds!

Indiana
    Participant

3/18 arty lights – nevermind, untagging on Strava since I’m my hurry to take a few photos before the final Haines Point map I forgot to include my bike, doh! But since I didn’t see how to delete the post, I want to say thanks so much for running the publicartfinder competition, Karen, and thanks for everyone for pointing out some awesome art!

GREAT JOB 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 everyone on all your awesome and interesting public art finds, and your dedication to the hunt! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your submissions, and reading the interesting backstories some of you provided. Frankly, I was in absolute awe of some of your entries. Now I have a whole laundry-list of public art to seek out on future rides 😊

A heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who played, whether just once, most days, or each and every day. I’m humbled to know you took the time to stop to photograph your art find (with your bike in it! when the weather was reeeaaalllyyy nasty!), and then take the time post it to your Strava and the forum! Special kudos to those of you who persisted with the forum, given the challenges it presented this year. Hopefully all the kinks will have been worked out by BAFS2025.

I hope you can all make it to the April 10th BAFS Closing Happy Hour when I’ll award some great prizes to the top three BAFS2024 public art finders. There might even be several honorable mentions …. 😉

Looking forward to seeing you on on April 10th, and/or on a ride sometime, somewhere!

Viewing 7 posts - 676 through 682 (of 682 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.