#PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition #PublicArtFinder FS2024 Pointless Prize

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 682 total)
  • Author
    Boomer Cycles
    Participant

@karenbikes2@gmail.com 227001 wrote:

Submitted just to play along but as the sponsor I’m not in the competition!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30966[/ATTACH]
    Dogwood Elementary School on Glade Dr in Reston, VA.
    A surprising number of murals in Reston! I submitted this one for #scavhunt. If you’re playing both Photo Scavenger Hunt and Public Art Finder, today you got a two-for-the-price-of-one!

Is your bike hidden in that pic?;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Rob
    Participant

1/1/2024–Public Art Finder, 7th & Independence NWeb41508992f58169f51b6fda652b8c1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Kbikeva
    Participant

@Boomer2U 227077 wrote:

I used that as my model and having failed to read the detailed instructions thought perhaps this year, no bike in photo was required.

Therefore, I am happy to delete my photo and hashtag if the sponsor would like me to do so.

Haha, busted!

Haha, the sponsor (that would be me, ahem) who included the bike-in-photo requirement also failed to include my bike in the photo. I have since removed the #publicartfinder hashtag.

Yes, please delete the photo and hashtag, and thanks.

@Kbikeva 227084 wrote:

I used that as my model and having failed to read the detailed instructions thought perhaps this year, no bike in photo was required.

Therefore, I am happy to delete my photo and hashtag if the sponsor would like me to do so.

Haha, the sponsor (that would be me, ahem) who included the bike-in-photo requirement failed to include my bike in the photo. I have since removed the #publicartfinder hashtag.

Yes, please delete the photo and hashtag, and thanks.

@Boomer2U 227077 wrote:

You don’t see my bike in that pic? Haha, busted! Post and hashtag removed.

@SarahBee 226970 wrote:

#PublicArtFinder Bikenetic mural
    1e7e87d1349893df2d0c2d336dc93056.jpg

LOVE the photo, BUT not seeing your bike in it. Rule 4 of the game: “All, or some part, of your bike must be in your pic. Pics that don’t include your bike won’t count!

Please remove the post and the hashtag for this entry, and I look forward to seeing more entries from you – with your bike in the pic!

@consularrider 226969 wrote:

#publicartfinder – Deteriorated mural on the retaining wall at Lazy Mike’s at the corner of W Broad and S West in Falls Church. My bike is under the tent leaning on the wall in the center (not the one with the white helmet)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30945[/ATTACH]

Not seeing any bike in this photo other than the one with the white helmet….

consularrider
    Participant

@karenbikes2@gmail.com 227098 wrote:

Not seeing any bike in this photo other than the one with the white helmet….

There are four bikes in the photo, the one with the white helmet at the front pole of tent, then mine and two others towards the back. Just the handlebars and seats are visible over the tables, see cropped copy attached. I’ll try and make sure the bike is front and center on entries going forward

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30997[/ATTACH]

SarahBee
    Participant

@karenbikes2@gmail.com 227095 wrote:

LOVE the photo, BUT not seeing your bike in it. Rule 4 of the game: “All, or some part, of your bike must be in your pic. Pics that don’t include your bike won’t count!

Please remove the post and the hashtag for this entry, and I look forward to seeing more entries from you – with your bike in the pic!

I took the post down and removed the hashtag from my Strava ride.

Are you enforcing the at least 10 mile ride rule on Strava only?

consularrider
    Participant

#publicartfinder – 01/02/2024 – Mural on the side of Simona Café (originally Java Shack) on N Franklin St, Lyon Village, Arlington

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31003[/ATTACH]

@consularrider 227101 wrote:

There are four bikes in the photo, the one with the white helmet at the front pole of tent, then mine and two others towards the back. Just the handlebars and seats are visible over the tables, see cropped copy attached. I’ll try and make sure the bike is front and center on entries going forward

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30997[/ATTACH]

Thanks, I can see them now. With the original, even blowing it up as large as I could, the bikes under the tent weren’t at all distinguishable.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

1/2/24
    From the parking garage of the Galvan building, 1801 Chapman, Bethesda. The whole mural says, “Bloom where you’re planted.” But there is a line of trees in front of it that prevents me from getting a photo of the whole thing at once.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31019[/ATTACH]

LhasaCM
    Participant

1/2/2024
    Temporary bus shelter at Fort Totten Metro station that is part of the “Art in Transit” program. This and other “temporary” plywood bus shelters are area Metro stations have been decorated with drawings and renderings from the design phase of Metro’s development. This particular shelter features drawings from Gene Streett.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31026[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 682 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.