Pointless Prize 2024 – #Flag

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize 2024 – #Flag

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

@alana, I’m pretty sure I got the most flags per mile.

@matteblack
    , I think I got fewer flags per hour than you did. Mine was close to 8 hours total, although only 3:13:02 of “moving time.”

bigredboiler
    Participant

Amazing all!   I have a lot of Strava feeds/photos to look at 🙂

@cvcalhoun
    & @matteblack – most impressive dedication!

@cvcalhoun
    – awesome job running #Bingo this year! and thank you for carrying on the torch!  way easier to play vs run it 🙂

@alana
    – I guess we’ll see if Strava has a 10k photo limit per ride 🙂  Thank you for the LOL! and thank you for daily dedication.  Also, I really enjoyed working a fire station into my rides each day (that I rode).  I had to make a Google map to keep track of which ones got.  My guess is DC had the density advantage vs Denver (fair as makeup for my #420 advantage last year 🙂

To everyone else who also played daily, don’t give up……one day to go (and maybe one more surprise up my sleeve, so keep playing!).

Kris

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@bigredboiler, just don’t make me go out and find another 88 flags tomorrow! I do have work to do…

Indiana
    Participant

3/17 rainbow over DC

Decided not to ride to the parts of DC where getting dozens of flags is easy as shooting fish in a barrel and instead give myself a real challenge.

Just kidding. Wasn’t feeling well so decided to aim for a few close enough to home to not break a sweat. I think I ended up with 17 new…in honor of 3/17, let’s say! More than I thought would be left. Congrats on everyone’s big finds!

3/17/2024 Syracuse University

AlanA
    Participant

@bigredboiler – Dang.  I wish I would have known to keep playing along.  I called it quits after seeing that @matteblack had me beat.  I did see two new flags, but didn’t take a picture of them (since I didn’t bother bringing my camera).

matteblack
    Participant

03/18/2024 – Welcome Spring!

I’ve been saving this one for a couple weeks since I first saw it. I figure it’s appropriate for the last day of BAFS2024.

While riding every day through the winter is a challenge of itself, it’s pointless prizes like this that keep me going. Thanks to @bigredboiler for sponsoring the prize and to the rest of you all who kept it challenging over these past few months.

I must also congratulate @cvcalhoun for posting 80+ flags (which I think will be the winner?) in less than 30 miles — that’s quite impressive!!

Now it’s time for some much needed rest and bike maintenance. 😃😎⛱️

cvcalhoun
    Participant

3/18/24

Douglas Development

AlanA
    Participant

3/18 – Ireland

AlanA
    Participant

@bigredboiler – If you find it in your heart to count this, this would have been my flag from 3/17 had I known you may have something up your sleeve for daily riders.  I made sure I rode by this again today. It is Azerbaijan (which is odd to see in an area of farms and horse stables).

rumpuscat
    Participant

3/18/24 last flag! It’s been great playing along with you all, thank you for the fun pointless prize game! I feel like it’s going to be a few weeks before I stop reflexively looking for new flags everywhere… 

DCAKen
    Participant

3/18/24 A rather ragged-looking DC flag to bring this fun challenge to an end

bikingjenn
    Participant

3/18/24-Missed the new rule over the weekend, darn. Forget to post to the Forum so often thatI am not in the running anyway. Today I had many flags on my self-designed “Spelt Tour” of embassies, consulates, and cultural centers of countries associated with the Ancient spelt grain. Going with…Germany

AlanA
    Participant

@rumpuscat – I wanted to end with a US flag, too.  However, I used up everything I had on that free for all day (and still didn’t even come close).

If you’re like me, you will always be looking for flags on your rides.  Doing it non-stop for 2 1/2 months really gets it stored in that brain.  I still look for things from games in past years.  It’s like a new life perspective.

Laurie E.
    Participant

3/18/24 – #Flag

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.