FSSB #2 – Birdges of Arlington County

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FSSB #2 – Birdges of Arlington County

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    vvill
    Participant

Congrats to Team 2, and thanks to Mikey for coming up with a fun and interesting challenge!

Steve O
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 74644 wrote:

Sloppy Seconds hereby announces it has completed the FSSB #2 – Bridges of Arlington County challenge. Results are as follows:

• POINT OF ROCKS (US15) – Subby (1/1)
    • KEY – acl (1/9)
    • MASON (14TH STREET) – scorchedearth (1/9)
    • ROOSEVELT (US50/I-66) – TwoWheelsDC (1/9)
    • WILSON BRIDGE (I-495) – Terpfan (1/9)
    • 11TH STREET (Navy Yard, SE) – elwbikes (1/10)
    • FREDERICK DOUGLAS (S. Capitol) – me (1/10)
    • BENNING ROAD (NE) – elwbikes (1/12)
    • ARLINGTON MEMORIAL – bikenurse, formerly mllwhnp (1/13)
    • CHAIN (VA-123) – consularrider (1/13)

Is the Point of Rocks crossing a typo – 1/1? I didn’t realize that you could go backwards in time.
    Congrats regardless. We had two MD members of our team who were inconveniently located, so we got 7 birdges by 7 members. (Plus a bunch of extras that Vince & Greg crossed on a weekend “crash the bridges” ride last Saturday.)

Anonymous

@Steve O 74735 wrote:

Is the Point of Rocks crossing a typo – 1/1? I didn’t realize that you could go backwards in time.
    Congrats regardless. We had two MD members of our team who were inconveniently located, so we got 7 birdges by 7 members. (Plus a bunch of extras that Vince & Greg crossed on a weekend “crash the bridges” ride last Saturday.)

Not a typo. We adjusted our plan after this.

@Mikey 74366 wrote:

@MattAune 74353 wrote:

Makes sense.

For the record, I didn’t realize that E Capital and Benning Rd had been added to the list already. Those were the two I was lobbying for. I rode The east side of the Anacostia trail and crossed on Benning on Jan 1. It was a great ride. Do rides before the side bet was announced, but during freezing saddles count?

Since it’s all for fun, yes. We will have a more challenging bridge challenge later in the winter and I will include a more thorough list of bridges. For this one I don’t want to confuse people and change the list too much.

Calvinball!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.