FSSB #2 – Birdges of Arlington County

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition FSSB #2 – Birdges of Arlington County

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    creadinger
    Participant

@MattAune 74234 wrote:

So I f I am reading this correctly: We cannot have 5 teammates each cross 2 bridges, we have to have each teammate cross one bridge and one teammate cross 2 (we have 9 people).

The first scenario seems completely reasonable.. the second scenario not so much for us.

Seriously. Where is Cephas???

DismalScientist
    Participant

@Terpfan 74230 wrote:

Also, wouldn’t this route give someone credit for two bridges if they just keep going up to that Shenandoah Bridge?

The Shenandoah bridge is entirely doable as it has wide shoulders. But, alas, it does not cross the Potomac.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Terpfan, can you do any of the bridges? We’re busy trying to assign each member of Sloppy Seconds to one. (The discussion is on the team’s Strava page.)

@Terpfan 74230 wrote:

I would cross at it, but only if I knew a friend was driving behind me. Also, wouldn’t this route give someone credit for two bridges if they just keep going up to that Shenandoah Bridge?

With all that said, I was up there two weeks ago to see family so I probably won’t be back up to nab all the bridges there for my team.

MattAune
    Participant

@creadinger 74235 wrote:

Seriously. Where is Cephas???

He says he is in. But that still only makes 9.

Kolohe
    Participant

The last time I checked (over a year ago) the water taxis did not allow bikes onboard.

Terpfan
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 74242 wrote:

Terpfan, can you do any of the bridges? We’re busy trying to assign each member of Sloppy Seconds to one. (The discussion is on the team’s Strava page.)

I can’t figure out how to get to that page to post. It lets me read it, but not post. I can cover any of the Wilson, 14th St (everyone is probably doing that), I can go up to Memorial or do Key one night next week. Unfortunately I’m kind of out of luck this weekend to do much more than a local morning ride and out of town next weekend (so I need to rack up some points for us in my absence). The Wilson is on my way home. I mean it would be a joy ride across and back, but I’ve done it many times just because I wanted to ride more in ncie weather.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Terpfan, Not sure why you can’t post there, if you’re logged in. However, Wilson has been assigned to you. Can you please put the name of the bridge into the name of the ride, so we can keep track of when you’ve done it?

Rod Smith
    Participant

What about Bladensburg Road and the Anacostia Trail at Bladensburg Waterfront? Both are downstream from where the Northeast/Northwest Branches join.

Mikey
    Participant

@Rod Smith 74294 wrote:

What about Bladensburg Road and the Anacostia Trail at Bladensburg Waterfront? Both are downstream from where the Northeast/Northwest Branches join.

Because I had to draw a line somewhere. I think I chose the bridges I did because the river is wider.

Rod Smith
    Participant

You drew the lines at Harpers Ferry and Benning Road? Whatever.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@Rod Smith 74302 wrote:

You drew the lines at Harpers Ferry and Benning Road? Whatever.

Cold hard truth: Maryland is the red-headed stepchild of the forum. Maryland-to-Maryland crossings confuse us.

Mikey
    Participant

I figured there is a little bit for everyone. I’ll admit it is a little skewed toward NoVA. I’ll allow more choices in the reprise of this challenge later in the winter.

And honestly I think I confsed Bladensburg with Benning.

Rod Smith
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4453[/ATTACH]

Mikey
    Participant

Don’t blame me blame Potomac, MD. If they would just allow a crossing I wouldn’t have to go so far west to get a good number of crossings.

Rod Smith
    Participant

Potomac is Maryland in name only.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.