Covet

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,034 total)
  • Author
    mstone
    Participant

@GovernorSilver 121482 wrote:

Since my Breezer is at the shop now, I could call them and ask them to replace the rear cog with a smaller one, to improve the top end gearing just a bit as you suggest.

Definitely worth doing, as it should be cheap and give you a better idea of what to expect from the bike. If you do n+1 and switch the bike to a winter bike, you’ll probably want to go the other direction, especially if you go with studs. (I’ve never heard anyone complain that the gears on their studded bike aren’t tall enough.) But it’s just about as easy to switch back.

mstone
    Participant

I want to try one of these; the price point seems good, I wonder how it actually rides:

http://salsacycles.com/culture/introducing_marrakesh

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@mstone 121610 wrote:

I want to try one of these; the price point seems good, I wonder how it actually rides:

According to people who know (i.e. those lucky Bikenetic people who got to go the Salsa launch in Ogden a few weeks ago) the Marrakesh is quite a nice bike. It rides really well and is super smooth. Fairly heavy (as expected for a bike decked out like that) but the person who rode it said you really didn’t notice. Think Vaya with even more tire clearance, a built in rack and mountain gearing.

I also have my eye on it as a potential upgrade for Mr. KayakCyndi.

dbb
    Participant

@KayakCyndi 121615 wrote:

I also have my eye on it as a potential upgrade for Mr. KayakCyndi.

Huh? Are you getting Mr. KayakCyndi a new bike or trading him in for your new Marrakesh? :)

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@dbb 121616 wrote:

Huh? Are you getting Mr. KayakCyndi a new bike or trading him in for your new Marrakesh? :)

Well now that you put it that way …

Alas though no world tour on my horizon so thinking more likely a new bike for Mr. KayakCyndi.

consularrider
    Participant

@KayakCyndi 121617 wrote:

… Alas though no world tour on my horizon …

:( :( :(

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@consularrider 121633 wrote:

:( :( :(

Well maybe not a world tour but I’ll be taking a few mini-tours and that includes Slovenia and/or the Carpathians so get planning!

peterw_diy
    Participant

@mstone 121610 wrote:

What’s with the head tube? Chris at Velo Orange did the same thing with their new MTB — has the HT sticking way above the top tube. Looks like bad mechanical engineering to me. Wouldn’t it be far better to have a sloping top tube that joins higher up on the HT?

mstone
    Participant

@peterw_diy 121688 wrote:

What’s with the head tube? Chris at Velo Orange did the same thing with their new MTB — has the HT sticking way above the top tube. Looks like bad mechanical engineering to me. Wouldn’t it be far better to have a sloping top tube that joins higher up on the HT?

In this one case only, read the comments.

rcannon100
    Participant

pos-jer-m_cp-1600-300x300.jpg

Unfortunately they are already sold out of the extra-fat size.

dasgeh
    Participant
    dasgeh
    Participant
    mstone
    Participant

@dasgeh 123595 wrote:

I’ll just leave this one here:

http://mashable.com/2015/09/01/concept-fuci-smartbike/

it’s fredtastic!

DismalScientist
    Participant

Just what we need: a high-powered e-bike designed for its rider to be fully engaged with his smartphone.:rolleyes:

bentbike33
    Participant

Getting back to human-powered…

The ultimate BAFS ride:

largealt2-ice15_fullfatfs_orange2.jpg

Black-ice crashes? Impossible. Snow-packed MVT? Not a problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,034 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.