BAFS Opening HH 1-9-2024

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    antibozo
    Participant

@cvcalhoun Thanks for your reply. Be safe and well. 🐿

Overtone
    Participant

Given the high winds, likely debris on the trails, and potential for falling limbs, I think I’ll drive to Happy Hour tonight :-(. To assuage my guilt, anyone want to carpool?   I’ll leave from my house in Del Ray at 5 pm, can pick you up in Old Town or National Landing or somewhere nearby.   I anticipate departing the HH before 8pm. If you choose to stay later you’ll need to metro home.

Send me a private message with a cell phone number if you’d like a ride.

John

Overtone
    Participant

Hmm, just checked.  It looks like the new forum software doesn’t have private messages?   Maybe I’m just not seeing it.

John

Sophie CW
    Participant

I hope to attend tonight. Looking forward to see everyone!

shirag
    Participant

Unfortunately I won’t make it to the happy hour

consularrider
    Participant

I’m probably going to stay home tonight.  🙁  Look forwrd to getting my team assignment tomorrowa

Steve O
    Participant

Happy Hour is on!

The Square is excitedly awaiting our invasion. Rule 9, people!

See you soon!

elenaakers
    Participant

Unfortunately can’t make it tonight. But I’m interested in getting one of the lanyards – is there another time I could buy one?

melancholera
    Participant

In light of the National Weather Service warning to avoid unnecessary travel, I’ve changed my plans and will be sitting this one out. I just biked home from work in the storm (yuck) and am not keen on the 5-mile ride from the nearest Metro station in these conditions after dark. Stay safe and have fun, everyone!

jinomas
    Participant

What is Rule 9?  The sticky ends at Rule 7.

jrenaut
    Participant

Rule 9 is that humans are mostly waterproof (I type from the bus on the way to happy hour. I DID my ride already)

DrBullet
    Participant

Unfortunately, as important at the BAFS2024 Happy Hour is…this weather and the number of emergency service sirens I’m hearing out here (Burke) suggests that the sensible move is to sit this one out 🥺🥺🥺

Hope everyone has a fun and safe night…and look forward to hearing which team I’m on!!

izzie
    Participant

+1 to this. Sorry to miss everyone! Look forward to future rides and happy hours.

jen_stoly
    Participant

Yes, I am waterproof, but I’m not windproof (?). My workday just ended and this isn’t great driving weather either…so, unfortunately, I’ll be missing the HH this year.

antibozo
    Participant

@jrenaut I assumed it was a reference to rule 9 in The Rules: “If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.”

Maybe just a coincidence.

The Rules

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.