2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 2,113 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/12 WHINY

The father celebrated the Prodigal Son’s return, even though the older son got whiny about it.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/13/24 STEEL

Lyrical Lady by Mark Kramer is a painted steel sculpture.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/14/24 BLIMP

After getting up at 8:30 to score tickets to the Air and Space Museum, I learned two things:

• A zeppelin and a blimp are not the same thing.
    • With all the construction at the Air and Space Museum on the Mall, all blimp-related items have been moved to Udvar-Hazy. frown

I was therefore reduced to finding hamburgers, in honor of Blimpy Burger.

Nadine
    Participant

4/15/24 – EQUIP

On my ride today, Joan and Randi were surprisingly similarly EQUIPped

Nadine
    Participant

4/15/24 Hey @ccalhoun sorry I’ve been a li’l MIA these past few days. But GURL I couldn’t possibly keep up with you anyhow. You get up and go FIND stuff! Whereas I’m more likely to see if I can find something that fits on a ride I’m already going on….. Cuz I’m about 99.9% people motivated 😁🤷🏻

But turns out I got an award for that! Cuz I think @kbikeva (who won’t be checking here now I’m sure) musta noticed….💕🎊🎶😃

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/15/24 EQUIP

Durable medical EQUIPment donation center in Rockville. I have some other equipment on my Strava, but this seemed more community minded.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

It’s okay, @nadine. I’m just glad to have someone noticing. I spent the whole of last year finding an item every day, but a) no one but me was paying attention, and b) it got kind of repetitive after a while.

I don’t tend to ride with other people, if only because Bethesda doesn’t have a lot of people who ride regularly. So finding things helps me keep up my motivation. I often (like today) look for an item that is relatively far away, even if there is one closer to home, just to get in a longer ride.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/16/24 SHANK
    Great timing on this, since I needed a shank bone of a lamb for Passover anyway.

Nadine
    Participant

Thanks for reminding me my playing masters despite my entries being kinda lame next to your thoughtful ones @cvcalhoun

Nadine
    Participant

4/16/24. shank

This is my friend Kurt doing a calf stretch at the ride break. He laughed when I told him why I wanted a pic of him stretching, but he let me take it

Nadine
    Participant

4/17/24 – TITHE

Ok this one is a reach, but the dictionary says it means a tenth….. though usually of goods or income – which is why my entry is a reach. Good thing we’re only playing for funsies now 😁🤷🏻

There were 11 people on my ride today. So I took a pic of 1 and 1/10th people. I used my sucky selfie skills to accomplish this. This is Mark B and a bit of me. Is it exactly a tenth? 🤔😁🤷🏻

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/17/24 TITHE

Through Habitat for Humanity’s tithe program, the U.S. affiliates are expected to contribute 10% of their unrestricted revenue each year in support of Habitat’s global ministry.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@nadine wrote:

This is Mark B and a bit of me. Is it exactly a tenth? 🤔😁🤷🏻

Hey, it looks like exactly a tenth to me! 🤣

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/18/24 FACET
    The angles of the facets on a diamond give it its sparkle.

Nadine
    Participant

4/18/24 – FACET

The roof of the pagoda is multiFACETed Joan & Randi accidentally dressed like twinsies again today. You might hafta zoom in on the pic to see. (It’s clearer on the group pix outside the pagoda, in my Strava feed.)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,071 through 2,085 (of 2,113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.