2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition 2024 Photo Scavenger Hunt – Rules and Alternate Words

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 2,120 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/19/24 RAISE

One of the functions of a union is to get raises for the workers they represent. (Side note: use of “the workers they represent” instead of “their members” reflects several decades of having the difference drummed into my head by labor lawyers.)

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/20/24 LUCID

One of the reasons Martin Luther King, Jr. was so effective was that he was able to explain his positions in a lucid manner.

bikingjenn
    Participant

4/20/24 LUCID–whoever created this piece of art could not have been LUCID

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/21/24 JOLLY

Two jolly vendors at the Bethesda Elementary School farm market.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/22/24 LASER

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/23/24 ROVER

I considered Land Rover places, which would have been a more literal rendering. But I decided to go with Rover as a generic dog name.

Nadine
    Participant

4/23/24 – rover

I saw this river ROVER on the Potomac

Nadine
    Participant

4/22/24 – laser

I wasn’t gonna submit this one cuz it was bikingJenn’s idea – but she hasn’t yet so πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸ»

We were riding with Marti and she saw this duck in the bank of the pond. I really wouldn’t have seen it without her pointing it out to me and walking me through where exactly it was …..even so I see it way better in the zoomed in picture. Clearly Marti has LASER vision JustΒ a bunch a grass down there, right? Well look – same pic, zoomed in:

Nadine
    Participant

Course what I SHOULDA done was take a picture of @bikingjenn on LASER day with her LAZER helmet on πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@nadine, I had problems with the whole laser vision thing in the Public Art Finder contest.Β  I was taking a photo of a sculpture on the grounds of the Holocaust Museum, and it seemed disrespectful to be dragging my bike onto the grounds.Β  So I carefully got an angle on the shot that showed the bike rack where my bike was, across the street.Β  And checked the photo before I left to make sure the bike was visible.Β  But when I posted to the forum, the size of the photo got diminished to the point that no one could see the bicycle.Β  I ended up having to crop the photo to show only that part, and then blow it up to about 10 times the original size, in order to prove that my bike really was in the photo.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/24/24 OVERT

In some cases, what artwork is depicting is subtle, but in this case it is quite overt.

Nadine
    Participant

4/24/24 OVERT

Overt nudity. At my friend’s house, where we’d stopped for our ride break 😁🀷🏻Aren’t they so cute? πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸ»

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@nadine, I’m surprised that one made it past the forum’s NSFW filter! 🀣

cvcalhoun
    Participant

4/25/24 INTRO

I went to Whitman Walker clinic for the intro to a study concerning the Galleri test, which is a blood test designed to detect cancer anywhere in your body. (I’m really hoping it doesn’t find any!)

Serdar
    Participant

4/26/2024 – Vapid

Chianti in a vapid bottle instead of a squat bottle in a straw basket

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 2,120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.