What color is the 2016 BTWD t-shirt?

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 What color is the 2016 BTWD t-shirt?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Steve O
    Participant

@cephas 139920 wrote:

Will I still get a shirt?? My collection is looking for it’s #11. I figure if I can get 50 shirts in a row, I’ll win a prize, right?

I’m ahead of you. 2016 will be #15 for me; 35 to go. Come to Ballston if you want to see the entire collection (plus a 2000 BTWD water bottle).

cephas
    Participant

Funny you should suggest Ballston. I just planned the route. Approximately this: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/1081997084/ Now we’ll see how early I get up, and how far the reality varies from the plan.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Steve O 139927 wrote:

I’m ahead of you.

Is that what we’re doing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11779[/ATTACH]

Steve O
    Participant

@Tim Kelley 139929 wrote:

Is that what we’re doing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11779[/ATTACH]

Funny looking t-shirt. Although with some glue or masking tape I suppose….

KLizotte
    Participant

@Steve O 139927 wrote:

I’m ahead of you. 2016 will be #15 for me; 35 to go. Come to Ballston if you want to see the entire collection (plus a 2000 BTWD water bottle).

You should look into making a quilt out of them!

Judd
    Participant

@KLizotte 139941 wrote:

You should look into making a quilt out of them!

Steve O is in luck. He happens to be related to a semi-professional quilt maker.

huskerdont
    Participant

The shirt seems nice. It felt soft. Unfortunately, right when the woman was going to give it to me, some officious person came over and said they weren’t open for 15 minutes. It was 6:20 and I had to get to work, so I didn’t get one. I was almost annoyed, but I don’t really need a shirt, and when I went to La Colombe later, the guy gave me a free bag of coffee, and I do need coffee.

Not sure I’ll bother to sign up in future years though. I bike to work every day and am counted by the counters, so there’s no point to signing up when I go by Rosslyn before they’re open.

mstone
    Participant

This year’s shirt does seem like a step up from past years, cotton/poly blend rather than 100% cotton. Which addresses the one odd thing about the btwd shirts–I rarely wear them to actually bike because they get wet and stay wet.

Tania
    Participant

My pit stop had no small t-shirts so no BTWD shirt for me. :-(

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@Tania 139980 wrote:

I got you covered if you really want one.

dasgeh
    Participant

@huskerdont 139970 wrote:

Not sure I’ll bother to sign up in future years though. I bike to work every day and am counted by the counters, so there’s no point to signing up when I go by Rosslyn before they’re open.

Sorry – your experience seems needlessly… dumb. But signing up does help the general BTWD numbers.

cephas
    Participant

@mstone 139973 wrote:

This year’s shirt does seem like a step up from past years, cotton/poly blend rather than 100% cotton. Which addresses the one odd thing about the btwd shirts–I rarely wear them to actually bike because they get wet and stay wet.

I loved the cotton ones. they were just great comfy shirts. will have to actually wear this year’s while exercising.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@huskerdont 139970 wrote:

The shirt seems nice. It felt soft. Unfortunately, right when the woman was going to give it to me, some officious person came over and said they weren’t open for 15 minutes. It was 6:20 and I had to get to work, so I didn’t get one. I was almost annoyed, but I don’t really need a shirt, and when I went to La Colombe later, the guy gave me a free bag of coffee, and I do need coffee.

Yes, that stop was open from 6:30 to 9:00. I think the volunteers were still being given instructions when you rolled by. Next year, come early and you can help set up the stop!

You should sign up in the future so that you are counted regionally. The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (which is the group that puts on the event doesn’t necessarily look at Arlington counter numbers) in the way that Arlington does.

If you still want a shirt, you can stop by New District this afternoon to get one, or come by the BikeArlington offices in Rosslyn. They are plush.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Tania 139980 wrote:

There are a few extra Smalls sitting on the counter at FreshBikes in Ballston.

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

IMO these gray and yellow shirts look pretty dang good and are straight up comfy. I dare say I will be wearing this shirt all day and even on some more days. Thanks Tim and everybody else involved!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.