Want to be a Friend of BAFS?

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Want to be a Friend of BAFS?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    cvcalhoun
    Participant

Friends of BAFS are people who would like to participate in events, etc., but not compete as part of a team. In many instances, they are also permitted to participate in Pointless Prizes (although the rules for that are up to each sponsor of a Pointless Prize).

If you want to be a Friend of BAFS, you do not need to fill in the registration form. To be able to participate in the Freezing Saddles discussions here or to contact any of the Freezing Saddles leadership via private message, you’ll need to:

1. Join this forum.
    2. We recommend making at least one post in this forum, as that will ensure you have successfully registered. If you don’t have anything in particular to say, you can just introduce yourself in this thread.

If you want to appear on the list of Friends of BAFS (which will enable you to see your total points, even though you won’t appear on leaderboards, and to participate in Pointless Prizes to the extent the sponsor permits it), you’ll need to:

1. Join the BAFS 2024 Strava club.
    2. Authorize Freezing Saddles to read your Strava miles.

If you want to get e-mails regarding things like happy hours, you’ll need to:

1. Sign up for our mailing list.
    2. After you sign up for our mailing list, you will receive an e-mail asking you to click on a link to confirm your willingness to receive e-mails from us. (That e-mail may go to your spam, “Social,” “Promotions,” etc. mailbox.) Please find it and click on it. If you can’t find it, you can send me a private message and I can confirm you manually.
    Jessica Hirschhorn
    Participant

YES I want to be a FRIEND ofd BAFS. I have done all the steps, including this one.

I will run the SOCKS Pointless prize.

Regards, Jessica H.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

@Jessica Hirschhorn 226360 wrote:

YES I want to be a FRIEND ofd BAFS. I have done all the steps, including this one.

I will run the SOCKS Pointless prize.

Regards, Jessica H.

Can confirm you read and followed all the instructions. Believe me, I appreciate it!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ALClayville
    Participant

I would like to be a friend of BAFS this year.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

You successfully signed up. @ALClayville 226663 wrote:

I would like to be a friend of BAFS this year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

randomduck
    Participant

I also signed up for FoBAFS status… I hope!

Carol: am I good?

cvcalhoun
    Participant

You signed up to be a Friend of BAFS, but didn’t get yourself on the mailing list for announcements of things like happy hours. If you want to be on the mailing list, you’ll need to:

1. Sign up for our mailing list.
    2. After you sign up for our mailing list, you will receive an e-mail asking you to click on a link to confirm your willingness to receive e-mails from us. (That e-mail may go to your spam, “Social,” “Promotions,” etc. mailbox.) Please find it and click on it. If you can’t find it, you can send me a private message and I can confirm you manually.

@randomduck 226704 wrote:

I also signed up for FoBAFS status… I hope!

Carol: am I good?

randomduck
    Participant

Nevermind – done!

eldering
    Participant

Joining as a Friend this year, which means lots of fun and less super cold riding, yeah!!!

lordofthemark
    Participant

I think I am signed up to be a friend of freezing saddles.

chris_s
    Participant

Thank you for the very clear instructions!

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Yes, you signed up back on December 14. @lordofthemark 226781 wrote:

I think I am signed up to be a friend of freezing saddles.

Olive
    Participant

Yes, I want to be a “Friends of…”

Lissa Bell (aka Olive)

asloan7
    Participant

Sign me up!

lordofthemark
    Participant

There should be a friends learderboard, right?  https://freezingsaddles.org/people/friends  appears to be blank.  Now there would be no miles for me (I have not ridden yet this year, because clavicle)   but I assume other friends have ridden already?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.