Slacker Team?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    dkel
    Participant

@rcannon100 72492 wrote:

3 of the people who clicked that they want to be on the slacker team, are not registered for Freezing Saddles.

Seems in keeping with the slacker theme…I’d call the whole thing a grand success!

Megabeth
    Participant

Yeah, yeah. I’m getting around to it…work, HP100 prep. Bed calling my name. I’ll get registered.

**Squirrel!**

oldbikechick
    Participant

Procrastination is all part of being a slacker! But OK, I’d better sign up before family descends and the madness begins.

peterw_diy
    Participant

99% of my rides are what Dickie calls “sleaze“. Does that make me a good fit?

consularrider
    Participant

@peterw_diy 72516 wrote:

99% of my rides are what Dickie calls “sleaze“. Does that make me a good fit?

It depends on how many of them you do in a day.

peterw_diy
    Participant

@consularrider 72523 wrote:

It depends on how many of them you do in a day.

Or, I guess, bother to record in Strava. That’s gonna be my biggest problem with BAFS, dealing with the kludgy data entry after forgetting to start & stop the phone app. I think I would have to be on the slacker team so as not to let down all the folks that ride 15mi each way to work and then do 50 milers on the weekends for fun. (Ah, what luxury.)

rcannon100
    Participant

Teams are weighted. A short distance cyclists will be as crucial to every team as the long distance cyclists – all teams will have both. Teams are formed by adding up the handicap score of each cyclists, and forming teams of ~9 so that each team has approximately the same handicap score. No matter who you are, if you ride more than your handicap, you rock!

Subby
    Participant

@peterw_diy 72591 wrote:

Or, I guess, bother to record in Strava. That’s gonna be my biggest problem with BAFS, dealing with the kludgy data entry after forgetting to start & stop the phone app. I think I would have to be on the slacker team so as not to let down all the folks that ride 15mi each way to work and then do 50 milers on the weekends for fun. (Ah, what luxury.)

Your biggest problem with BAFS is going to be riding your bike in shitty, soul-crushing weather while the rest of our species is warm and dry in their train/plane/automobile. By comparison, occasionally forgetting to start and stop your phone will be about as challenging as a sleaze ride on a warm breezy day.

consularrider
    Participant

Let the trash talking commence. Just hope you end up on different teams. ;)

Greenbelt
    Participant

Team slackers Strava club: http://www.strava.com/clubs/slackers

-Jeff

Megabeth
    Participant

Making up for my Happy Hour disappearance last night….

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4397[/ATTACH]

TEAM SLACKER!

oldbikechick
    Participant

I joined the slacker team for a reason. I’m just a commuter and my commute is my only “free” time, between work and mommy duties, so that is that. I was NOT going to be able to do any extra riding, just for “points.” No way. Then, it got snowy and icy, then I got sick and there I was, dragging team down. The slacker of the slackers. So, today I thought, why not just ride my bike a little, the weather is nice, the rest of the family will drive and I’ll meet them there. No one is harmed, and I’ll get some points for the team. Then, as I was explaining to my daughter why mommy was riding the bike (to get points), without having any idea what I was talking about, she said “I want to get some points too.” So, that’s how I found myself actually doing an extra ride today, with the kid in tow. And it was beautiful day to be doing it. Thanks freezing saddles :)

hozn
    Participant

Was that with the Weehoo? I spotted a mom and daughter out with a Weehoo on Williamsburg eastbound this afternoon. Sure was a beautiful day for a ride. Seeing you (or them, if this wasn’t you) made me realize that it was in fact warm enough for the “red trailer” (Weehoo) and I felt momentarily guilty for not proposing riding with my son … but he was much-needed napping so the guilt quickly passed. :)

oldbikechick
    Participant

@hozn 74521 wrote:

Was that with the Weehoo? I spotted a mom and daughter out with a Weehoo on Williamsburg eastbound this afternoon. Sure was a beautiful day for a ride. Seeing you (or them, if this wasn’t you) made me realize that it was in fact warm enough for the “red trailer” (Weehoo) and I felt momentarily guilty for not proposing riding with my son … but he was much-needed napping so the guilt quickly passed. :)

That was us! Hopefully you didn’t overhear me telling my daughter to pedal harder to get us up those hills.

hozn
    Participant

@oldbikechick 74524 wrote:

That was us! Hopefully you didn’t overhear me telling my daughter to pedal harder to get us up those hills.

I did not! Though the sentiment would be familiar. My son has no excuse for not pedaling [forward] now that he has demonstrated being able to pedal his own bike :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.