Slacker Team?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    rcannon100
    Participant

Would you be interested in being a member of a prestigious slacker team? This team would not be competing for first place – it would simply be part of the festivities and ruthlessly complete for utterly pointless prizes. No pressure; just pointless.

If you would like to be a part of a team that has no purpose, like this post. If you like this post – and if we have enough slackers, I will note on your registration that you are a soul who enjoys intensity on the mellow road to nowhere. You will be placed on a “Slacker” team (or teams).

Where the rules are made up and the points dont matter.

ronwalf
    Participant

Slacker team members should get negative points for beating their handicap :)

Phatboing
    Participant

Yes. I’m no slacker, but I’m slackey.

rcannon100
    Participant

Bumping this. Like the first post if you want to be on the designated slacker team. This is a team that is NOT going for first place and will have no pressure to ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ri…. Slacker team will be fulled endorsed and eligible for all other pointless parts of this challenge.

Also, reminder that once Saint Nick is down the chimney, registration in FS14 is closed.

Teams will be announced at the Jan 2 Happiness Hour.

[IMG]http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2400&d=1360095381[/IMG]

Megabeth
    Participant

I was going to post something clever about this but I just decided to slack off instead…as you were.

Phatboing
    Participant

I want to amend my original affirmation.

This is my first Freezing Saddles (though not my first winter in my freezing saddle), so I’m not yet sure I should give a shit about points. For ref, I bike 13 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. Can that get me some non-pointless prizes? Because I could go for some prizes.

Otherwise, count me as slacker, by all means.

rcannon100
    Participant

@Phatboing 72394 wrote:

I want to amend my original affirmation.

This is my first Freezing Saddles (though not my first winter in my freezing saddle), so I’m not yet sure I should give a shit about points. For ref, I bike 13 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. Can that get me some non-pointless prizes? Because I could go for some prizes.

Otherwise, count me as slacker, by all means.

Pointless prizes are awarded on a completely arbitrary and capricious manner. While previous participants attempted to bring the matter before the town sheriff, Mongo intervened causing havoc.

Blazing-Saddles-Mongo.png

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@rcannon100 72375 wrote:

Teams will be announced at the Jan 2 Happiness Hour.

How are we supposed to arrange our New Year’s Day Team Centuries?!

consularrider
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 72397 wrote:

How are we supposed to arrange our New Year’s Day Team Centuries?!

I guess you just won’t know who your competition is, so you’ll have to work together in the pelaton.

dasgeh
    Participant

Now I want to have a Kidical team, so we can all be ahead in the leaderboard. (There will be a New Year’s Day Kidical Mass. I’m calling your bluff on any Hains Point madness)

dbb
    Participant

@consularrider 72399 wrote:

I guess you just won’t know who your competition is, so you’ll have to work together in the pelaton.

Why wasn’t I briefed on this?

rcannon100
    Participant

@dasgeh 72401 wrote:

I’m calling your bluff on any Hains Point madness)

Potomac Pedalers Circle of Cycles

dasgeh
    Participant

Not that some people will ride, but that you guys will ride

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

consularrider
    Participant

@dasgeh 72401 wrote:

… I’m calling your bluff on any Hains Point madness)

Bluff? I’ve got three consectutive Hains Point New Years Centuries under my belt in temperatures ranging from 26° to 50°. Of course as of December 16, the Farmers’ Alamanac is predicting a wintery mix. :( Still too far out for weather.com.

rcannon100
    Participant

M’k. 3 of the people who clicked that they want to be on the slacker team, are not registered for Freezing Saddles.

So as of this moment, unless clarity is bestowed on the registration minion, the slacker team is unlikely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.