Post pics of your bike thread

Our Community Forums Pictures & Videos Post pics of your bike thread

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,101 total)
  • Author
    eminva
    Participant

dcv is already familiar with this, my main commuter, but in case any others want to be on the lookout:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2001[/ATTACH]

On Tuesdays, you can find me on this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2002[/ATTACH]

(Yes, it is a silly picture — I was showing a friend how much stuff I could fit on the rack. The kid in the background is four years older and we got rid of that car because we didn’t need it anymore with all my bike commuting.)

If we get ice or snow this year, maybe the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2003[/ATTACH]

And for knocking about town or riding to the metro:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2004[/ATTACH]

I want to point out that technically I only own three bikes — the mountain bike is my husband’s. We have a total of seven bikes for three people. Is that bad?

Liz

dcv
    Participant

@eminva 35187 wrote:

And for knocking about town or riding to the metro:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2004[/ATTACH]
    I want to point out that technically I only own three bikes — the mountain bike is my husband’s. We have a total of seven bikes for three people. Is that bad?
    Liz

n+1 bikes, you can never have too many. I’m dying to help you convert your Corsaro to SS / FG. please?

dcv
    Participant

speaking of, i found this jewel of a frame on CL for $65, built it up as a SS.

IMG_20120905_150329.jpg

my second fastest bike (i’m faster SS than fixed, all that coasting)

Rod Smith
    Participant

A single speed is better than none at all!

eminva
    Participant

@dcv 35188 wrote:

n+1 bikes, you can never have too many. I’m dying to help you convert your Corsaro to SS / FG. please?

Ha ha, I should, considering it is nigh on impossible to shift anyway. Getting off topic, but the bike has its limitations — the tires are SOLID, so the wheels can’t be trued, so braking is an iffy proposition. I would need new wheels/tires if I were contemplating riding it much. But I guess I’d need at least a new rear wheel if I converted it anyway, huh?

dcv
    Participant

@eminva 35196 wrote:

Ha ha, I should, considering it is nigh on impossible to shift anyway. Getting off topic, but the bike has its limitations — the tires are SOLID, so the wheels can’t be trued, so braking is an iffy proposition. I would need new wheels/tires if I were contemplating riding it much. But I guess I’d need at least a new rear wheel if I converted it anyway, huh?

solid wheels are ridiculous! if you want to go fixed the safe way would be a new rear wheel with cog & lockring, i would not recommend a suicide hub. if you go ss you might be able to replace the cassette with a single cog and spacers, or just keep the cassette and only use one of the cogs (have to check the chainline). you could replace the brakes and levers, there are lots of inexpensive parts on CL. let me know if you want to try, i can help.

also check out Sheldon Brown on the web, he’s the fountain of all bike knowledge.

Tim Kelley
    Participant

@Rod Smith 35180 wrote:

Current work horse.
    [URL=”[IMG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/Rod_Smith/trailer/DSC03031.jpg[/IMG]”]DSC03031.jpg[/URL]

Tell us more about your flatbed trailer…

DismalScientist
    Participant

Here is my fleet. I potentially commute with all of them, but not at the same time.

The first is a 1984 Trek 620, on which I rode the TransAmerica trail in 1990.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2005[/ATTACH]

My “racing” commuter is a mid ’70s Mizutani Super Seraphe, which I picked up on ebay for a ridiculously cheap price.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2006[/ATTACH]

Next is a 2011 Nashbar Touring bike, which I got because I needed 700 C wheel to put on studded tires. And then, it never even snowed last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2007[/ATTACH]

Last is a 1990 GT Karakorum, which I figured I would make into an ice bike for really bad conditions. I broke a number of tire levers just changing tires, so I guess the studded tires are permanently mounted.:rolleyes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2008[/ATTACH]

jrenaut
    Participant

@DismalScientist 35205 wrote:

I potentially commute with all of them, but not at the same time.

Where is your sense of adventure?

Dirt
    Participant

8159744140_0a4182ed74_b.jpg
    Loaded up and ready to ride to Lights for Bikes.

Bike plus stuff was probably in the 200 pound range.

bluerider
    Participant

My 2012 Blue Norcross EX

IMG_0049.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

I run errands and what not on:

5653764032_dd563d9b44.jpg

culimerc
    Participant

@Dirt 35209 wrote:

8159744140_0a4182ed74_b.jpg

You know you’d probably be faster if you got rid of that BMW grill. Its just screwing up the aero dynamics of the whole thing.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

@Dirt 35209 wrote:

You should put a carbon seat post on that thing. It’d probably save you 20-30 grams…

DaveK
    Participant

@culimerc 35212 wrote:

You know you’d probably be faster if you got rid of that BMW grill. Its just screwing up the aero dynamics of the whole thing.

Nonsense! He needs two – can’t just have one kidney grille.

OneEighth
    Participant

@DaveK 35219 wrote:

Nonsense! He needs two – can’t just have one kidney grille.

Mark might know where he could get the missing grill.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.