Pointless Prize: Singlespeed

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless Prize: Singlespeed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jlamb
    Participant

I happy to report that my cheap singlespeed is up and running. The shimano ultegra QR skewer worked fine in the track ends, no slipping at all. Although I’ll probably have a QR-lever-shaped imprint in my hand forever. I’ve never pushed that hard on a quick release before…

jlamb
    Participant

Pure genius.

drevil
    Participant

Now skid the rear tire 😉

jlamb
    Participant

Looks like we’ve got some substantial singlespeed miles already. Our supreme singlespeeder is currently at 152 miles! I suppose I’m ineligible to win this pointless prize as the sponsor. Not that it matters anyway…no way I’m catching up to the leaders.

Thanks to all for participating. Here’s some inspiration from a few singlespeeders taking it to the next level: https://www.apidura.com/journal/cycling-at-its-most-basic-the-appeal-of-fixed-and-single-speed-riding/

pedrocz
    Participant

Got in a quick 19 miler in the light snow this morning. Bike is a 1964 Rickert, with Nokian 700×35 studded tires. 43/17 gear.

BlackBikeDC
    Participant

I was so happy to stumble across this pointless prize. This is my beater. 46/16 and up to a 32c tire depending on planetary alignment. Great to see so many other single speeders and fixed gear riders in the area!

jlamb
    Participant

bikesnick
    Participant

ixed gear

fixed 46/18 with 28c tires (not so good in the snow)

Sunyata
    Participant

Got in a little snowy dirt single speed action yesterday.  It was quite lovely out!

Salsa El Mariachi Ti, 34×18, 2.6″ tires

jlamb
    Participant

Nice to see some dirt singlespeed. Most of my singlespeeding has been singletrack, but I switched the tires and gearing to make my mtb more road friendly for FS. Continental Top Contacts 700×47, and 34×16 gearing. I’m not strong enough for the 42×16 gearing that some of you are rolling…and fixed is also a bit much for me as well. I enjoy coasting downhill, 😆.

ceustis
    Participant

Road & Trail SS’ing today. 39×17 SSCX gearing & tires.

BlackBikeDC
    Participant

I may have missed it somewhere, but how can we see the #singlespeed leaderboard?

Edit: Found It! And realized I was tagging my rides wrong.

jlamb
    Participant

I’m glad that @blackbikedc figured out how to tag his rides. That’s a lot of miles, wouldn’t want them to go to waste. And mostly fixed gear!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Steve O
    Participant

I would like to draw attention to my teammate’s recent single speed efforts. In particular, watch the video on this ride. Well done!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/10596898567

jlamb
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not even going to attempt catching up to your teammate. He’s throwing down some serious derailleur-free miles.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.