Pointless prize: Fire bad!

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Pointless prize: Fire bad!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 615 total)
  • Author
    Nadine
    Participant

@Lhasacm I’m not surprised to hear you feel like FS has been taking over your life. I’ve been noticing that you seen to be riding much more this year than I remember you riding, in past years. I decided it must be cuz your daughter is growing up.  🤔🤷🏻

AlanA
    Participant

@caseykane50 – I must say, your pictures are much better than @cbganimal pictures.  Maybe you could let her use yours once in a while.
    And, as of now, you appear to be in third.  Just curious, do you drink booze or beer?  Any food allergies? Do you like cool things?

Nadine
    Participant

3/18/24

One last fire vehicle, seen just off of Maine Ave in DC, on our way to Water Street. Engine 7

AlanA
    Participant

@Nadine – Thanks for playing!  Sorry you had some tough competition this year.  Hope to see you at the final HH.

CaseyKane50
    Participant

@caseykane50
    And, as of now, you appear to be in third. Just curious, do you drink booze or beer? Any food allergies? Do you like cool things?

Alan, Beer, no food allergies, and cool things are fun. Got some nice cool St.Patrick’s Day green beads yesterday, just for buying a box of GS cookies.

LhasaCM
    Participant

@Nadine – M’s growing up definitely made it easier for me to indulge, but the longer rides really were a combination of “gotta get another fire station” and “well, while I’m out here I might as well wander around a bit to fill out that map” that just added to the fun.

Since I’m the type of person that needs a “reason” to go out and ride, having this gave me a clear and defined purpose to plan around each day.  I’ll probably keep using this as an excuse for longer weekend rides (there are quite a few left in PG and Montgomery Counties that are “reachable”, plus I might as well finish Alexandria).

AlanA
    Participant

Ok folks, that’s a wrap.

First of all, thanks to everyone who played for the interest in the game.  I wasn’t sure how this would go over, but I’m quite pleased with the results.

We have a tie for first place.  I really didn’t expect anyone to find one every day, much less two of you!  Great job to both of you!  Give a big cheer for:

Chris W
    Chris M

Just think.  Same first name and last name is just upside down.  Hmmmmm???

Third place goes to Casey K.

Just think  First and last name start with different letters, yet sound the same.  Hmmm??

And, oh so close in the running were:

Kris S (who loves to ride in snow and is an expert at dispensaries)

Ken B (who apparently lives at DCA)

Steve S (SS….Oooh, I don’t like the sound of that)

And a final note.  If anyone knows @cbganimal, please ask her to check the forum and reply to my question about a possible prize. @dcaken will also get a shout out (and maybe a silly prize) for getting all of the DC stations as well as Palm Springs (lucky him).

CBGanimal
    Participant

Yes @AlanA I drink both 🙂

Thanks @AlanA for another great FS pointless prize game that helped motivate me to get out and ride every single day of FS. Although I didn’t come close to even being in the contention for placing, it was fun to see all the different fire stations people found.

Serdar
    Participant

Hi @alana,

Thanks for sponsoring #fire prize this year.

Are you coming to the final Happy Hour on April 10 at City-State Brewing? If you do, you can announce your winners yourself. And that’s the best way. If not, I will do it for you.

Thanks,
    Serdar

AlanA
    Participant

@serdar – I plan on being there.

AlanA
    Participant

Just checking with the prize winners ( @cbganimal, @lhasacm, @caseykane50 and maybe @dcaken).

If you are arriving by bike, will you be able to carry a prize the size of a two liter bottle of soda, the size of a six pack of soda, or something smaller?  If not, let me know.

Trust me, your prize will be on fire!

CaseyKane50
    Participant

If you are arriving by bike, will you be able to carry a prize the size of a two liter bottle of soda, the size of a six pack of soda, or something smaller? If not, let me know.

Alan,

Yes, I can manage any of the soda containers you have suggested.

Casey

LhasaCM
    Participant

Whether I arrive by bike or foot, I’ll manage smile

DCAKen
    Participant

I’ll make sure to bring my panniers!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.