Pizzaneuring

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    lordofthemark
    Participant

quick rule revision/clarification.

I have initially envisioned this as  being based on posting a picture to the forum, NOT  hashtag based contest, in the spirit of the beerneuring prize.  However I have heard some folks have had trouble posting pictures to the forum, and I see some pizza rides have already used hashtags (monitored thanks to our great coding team) without posting pictures.  So, henceforward, I think this will need to be based on the #pizza hashtag. I think only Casey will need to edit his strava ride title accordingly. Or I could just add plus one to Casey’s total.

I say this with regret, as the proliferation of hashtags is somewhat dizzying.

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/08/2024 – BIG slice of pepperoni at Café Pizzaiolo, corner of Fern and Kenwood in Fairlington (?)

CaseyKane50
    Participant

think only Casey will need to edit his strava ride title accordingly. Or I could just add plus one to Casey’s total.”

sadly, I did not eat pizza on my recon visit to Jet pizza. Just enjoyed the aromas of pizza baking.

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/11/2024 – Sausage and pepperoni slice at Flippin’ Pizza on W Broad St, Falls Church

Indiana
    Participant

1/11 We the Pizza, Capitol Hill DC

Margherita Burrata and view out the window of my bike parked next to the Lime bike

CaseyKane50
    Participant

Scouting out the future location for pizza in Alexandria – corner of Slaters and GW Parkway. Not too far from the Mount Vernon Trail

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/20/2024 – Slice of pepperoni at Crush Pizza & Wine, Crystal City Waterpark

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/24/2024 – A square “slice” of crumbled sausage square pizza at Mario’s Pizza House (since 1957), Wilson Blvd in Ashton Heights

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/26/2024 – Angolino on Wilson Blvd in Clarendon for a slice of sausage

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 01/28/2024 – DC Pizza & Kabob, a “Jumbo” (aka humongous) pepperoni slice on Commonwealth Ave

lordofthemark
    Participant

The question has come up, does a calzone count?  While it’s my privilege to set arbitrary rules, I’d like to approach thulis rationally and fairly.

Con – a calzone is not actually pizza. It’s a different food

Pro – calzones are rarely if ever sold outside pizza shops.

I’m leaning towards counting calzones, if purchased and consumed at a pizza shop. But I encourage debate on this.

CCRider50
    Participant

1/31/24 – Slice @ Vace, Bethesda –

CCRider50
    Participant

2/1/24 – Edith’s in Bethesda (bike not in pic but gloves are) 

consularrider
    Participant

#pizza – 2/2/2024 – Slice of Hawaiian at Tony’s NY Pizza in Fair Lakes, just off the new I-66 Parallel Trail.  I skipped their calzones since there’s no ruling yet on its eligibility.

CCRider50
    Participant

2/3/24 Andy’s in Bethesda 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.