Freezing Saddles Meet and Greet Happy Hour?

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles Meet and Greet Happy Hour?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    rcannon100
    Participant

Both work 4 mii. I prefer the 9th – but both work.

Steve O
    Participant

I will make whichever date we choose work. Screw my job and my family; this is Freezing Saddles!

PeteD
    Participant

Due to my amazing ability to have travel plans during any BA happy hours, I’m expecting no matter which day is decided upon, to be either out of state or out of the country. If I’m lucky enough to find myself within the beltway for the date chosen, bet that I’ll try my hardest to be there.

–Pete

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 71872 wrote:

Given how that day ended up, I feel pretty good about my decision.

It ended with me winning a pair of gloves. Ha!

rcannon100
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 71849 wrote:

we could announce the teams AT the happy hour.

+1

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

Mark your calendars for Jan. 2! Freezing Saddles Meet and Greet happy hour, including announcement of the teams and an award for the most Jan. 1 mileage by a team participant who is present, at Capitol City Brewing Company in Shirlington. More details to follow later. :)

ejwillis62
    Participant

I like it and let’s stick with the idea that our teams cannot trade us once they meet us. :)

Vicegrip
    Participant

I am in. Great way to start off the year.

dkel
    Participant

Jan. 2 is a rare Thursday off work for me! I’m excited!

Mikey
    Participant

I’m riding in, the wife and kids will meet us there. So excited!

hozn
    Participant

I will try to make it too, despite not actually being a participant :)

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

@hozn 71984 wrote:

Remind us again why you aren’t participating? You’re still going to be riding, right?

hozn
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 71985 wrote:

Remind us again why you aren’t participating? You’re still going to be riding, right?

Yeah, I will be riding; I just won’t be able to ride as much as last year and don’t want to feel like I have to ride (and I would). I mostly enjoy cycling because it is /not/ a team sport :-) I will be back for the 2015 edition most likely.

Riley Casey
    Participant

So does this mean this drunken bacchanale, err meet & greet is open to winter riders who are not competitors? Or worse yet aren’t even in Arlington?

@hozn 71984 wrote:

rcannon100
    Participant

@hozn 71986 wrote:

Yeah, I will be riding; I just won’t be able to ride as much as last year and don’t want to feel like I have to ride (and I would). I mostly enjoy cycling because it is /not/ a team sport :-) I will be back for the 2015 edition most likely.

We could form an official slacker team. I would join :-) We could create a special algorithm for how that teams score is calculated.

It can be the Drew Kerry Team: “where everything’s made up and the points don’t matter”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.