Freezing Saddles Meet and Greet Happy Hour?

Our Community Forums Freezing Saddles Winter Riding Competition Freezing Saddles Meet and Greet Happy Hour?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Arlingtonrider
    Participant

Would anyone be interested in a Capitol City Shirlington happy hour in January in honor of the 2014 Freezing Saddles participants?

I’d be glad to put one together for the second or third Thursday of January, or we could do something on a weekend. (I spoke to one participant who can’t make the 3rd Thursday but could make the second one.)

I realize not everyone would be able to come, but thought it might be fun to offer a chance for people to meet some of their teammates and others (and get some early milege in!). All would be welcome, including alumni, friends, etc.

Update: The happy hour will be Jan. 2, 2014. More info in later posts on this thread.

KLizotte
    Participant

Awesome idea as always! No preference on date.

AlexBikeCommute
    Participant

Awesome! Good seeing you this evening!

:)
    Krista

dkel
    Participant

I’d love to do this, as it would be a great opportunity for me to meet some people for the first time. I’m stuck at work in Vienna till at least 6:00 or 7:00 on Thursdays, but that’s just me. I’ve had some luck using needtomeet.com for getting the most people possible to a meeting; you could get an email list from rcannon100 or hozn to populate the form, as they seem to have mastered registrations and data.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

We should’ve done this last year! I didn’t officially meet my teammates until the awards ceremony last year, and looking back I think the competition would’ve been more fun and fierce had I known them beforehand. Too bad the start coincides with the holidays, otherwise we could announce the teams AT the happy hour.

KayakCyndi
    Participant

Love it! Of course I’m traveling for a good bit of Jan so don’t plan around me but I’ll be there if I can.

Fast Friendly Guy
    Participant

Oh yeah, I’m there!

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 71849 wrote:

We should’ve done this last year! I didn’t officially meet my teammates until the awards ceremony last year, and looking back I think the competition would’ve been more fun and fierce had I known them beforehand.

That’s what happens when you sleep in for group rides!

Mikey
    Participant

I would actually be available for the first Thursday (Jan 2) but not the other ones – Boys Basketball practice. If anyone is going back to work after the holiday early (2nd) I’d be happy to meet up in Shirlington, or Crystal City, or anywhere really for a beer.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 71856 wrote:

That’s what happens when you sleep in for group rides!

Given how that day ended up, I feel pretty good about my decision.

ejwillis62
    Participant

I like the idea of a meetup. It would be nice to be able to put names to faces. I have a hard time remembering who people are.

LIZ

consularrider
    Participant

:confused:I like the idea of a first Thursday Happy Hour, but will enough people be in town? Of course, I’m also available for second Thursday and third Thursday Thursday Happy Hours. :D

Arlingtonrider
    Participant

Let’s narrow this down to the first or second Thursday (January 2 or 9). Please pipe in and let me know if these dates (both or either) work for you!

I volunteer to make a special award to the person who completes the most mileage on January 1, 2014 and is a member of a team and present at the Freezing Saddles happy hour. The fun begins!

(And for those of who aren’t aware of it, there is a traditional century ride at Hains Point on New Year’s Day that anyone can participate in for any distance. Loop d’ Loop, Circle of Cycles – whatever you want to call it, it’s a lot of fun. Riders of all abilities participate and many bring snacks to share.)

KayakCyndi
    Participant

@Arlingtonrider 71887 wrote:

Let’s narrow this down to the first or second Thursday (January 2 or 9). Please pipe in and let me know if these dates (both or either) for you!

I can likely do the 2nd but definitely not the 9th.

Jason B
    Participant

I am totally up for this only if my team can’t trade me after they meet me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.