Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    PotomacCyclist
    Participant

I missed out on the backpack this year. I overslept one morning and didn’t bother to head over. Maybe I should have rushed over there anyway.

The backpacks look nice. I did win a different triathlon backpack a couple months ago at the triathlon expo in North Bethesda. I’ve been using that for all of my bike commuting this spring. Works pretty well too. Doesn’t mean I don’t covet the CC backpacks though.

vern
    Participant

@consularrider 85831 wrote:

Well, I just got a CC BID email that said 79 riders rode all five days, so there are going to be 29 disappointed people.

I rode all 5 days, but didn’t bother to check-in until Friday. My loss.

sjclaeys
    Participant

@consularrider 85831 wrote:

Well, I just got a CC BID email that said 79 riders rode all five days, so there are going to be 29 disappointed people.

I’m not one of them. It will go well with the CC BID windbreaker I won on BTWD.

KLizotte
    Participant

Anybody contact the CC BTW stop about claiming their t-shirt if they didn’t ride on Friday?

KelOnWheels
    Participant

@consularrider 85833 wrote:

Are we going to have a Friday Evening Wine Club backpack pickup on the 30th? To bad there’s no music on the 30th.

Let’s do eet! Someone remind me next week because I’ll forget by then that I’m supposed to go there :D

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

@KLizotte 86251 wrote:

Anybody contact the CC BTW stop about claiming their t-shirt if they didn’t ride on Friday?

They sent an email newsletter on Tuesday about upcoming bike events, plus this:

BIKE TO WORK DAY T-SHIRT PICKUP
    WHEN: Thursday, May 29th
    11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
    WHERE: 1900 Crystal Drive (corner of 18th Street S. and Crystal Drive)
    WHAT: The heavy rain on Bike to Work Day made it unsafe for some cyclists to ride in on May 16th. We have set up a location on May 29th for those unable to pick up their t-shirt on Bike to Work Day. We will also be handing out FREE Crystal City Bike Helmets for those who were not able to grab one. If riders are still not able to stop by they can visit the Tour de Fat Bicycle Festival on May 31st for an opportunity to get their BTWD t-shirt.

KLizotte
    Participant

@PotomacCyclist 86316 wrote:

WHAT: The heavy rain on Bike to Work Day made it unsafe for some cyclists to ride in on May 16th. We have set up a location on May 29th for those unable to pick up their t-shirt on Bike to Work Day. We will also be handing out FREE Crystal City Bike Helmets for those who were not able to grab one. If riders are still not able to stop by they can visit the Tour de Fat Bicycle Festival on May 31st for an opportunity to get their BTWD t-shirt.

11-2:00 is nonsensical but at least they are trying. Very nice of them to hand out helmets too! I missed this newsletter so thanks for the posting.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

I wonder if they’d give us a helmet even if we showed up in a car? My wife just got a new bike today, but doesn’t want to ride it until she has a helmet.

@PotomacCyclist 86316 wrote:

ts986
    Participant

Ooops, I misread my email and thought it was yesterday and went down there. I was too excited to pick up my shirt!

consularrider
    Participant

@cvcalhoun 86404 wrote:

I wonder if they’d give us a helmet even if we showed up in a car? My wife just got a new bike today, but doesn’t want to ride it until she has a helmet.

I’d be happy to give you a brand new unused red CaBi helmet. FYI, the CC helmets are black.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Oops, didn’t see this until just now. Thanks for the offer! However, given that my wife was having to use all the padding and tighten up all of the straps in order to be able to use even a size small helmet, yours would be unlikely to fit her. (If her head were any smaller, we’d be having to shop the Hello Kitty aisle!) We did manage to get to Crystal City today, and pick up one for her there.

@consularrider 86423 wrote:

I’d be happy to give you a brand new unused red CaBi helmet. FYI, the CC helmets are black.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.