Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2014 Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    jpetty1
    Participant

The Crystal City BID is hosting Bike to Work Week.

Taken from the CCBID Website
    The Crystal City BID is challenging area commuters to take the Bike to Work WEEK (BTWW) Challenge and ride to work every day of week. During the week of May 13th – 17th the Crystal City BID will greet area commuters in the Crystal City Water Park from 7 AM to 9 AM with breakfast and prizes. The 50 riders that show up the most number of mornings during pit stop hours, will receive a free, Crystal Ride Wind Jacket! Complimentary showers will be provided by Sport & Health all week so you can freshen up before the start of your day. Sign up for the Bike to Work Week Challenge and try out your bicycle commute.

creadinger
    Participant

That’s great! Except I need to get on the road at 6:30 to get to work on time. 7-9 only works for people riding TO Crystal City, not from it.

dbb
    Participant

You are right, they do seem to be targeting the folks that work in Crystal City (which I think is great). Last year I had to work to hit the pit stop in Crystal City when it was open. I would normally blow through the Water Park about 0600 but put my miles on early and then hit the pit stop right as they opened.

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

BTWW, in which Forum denizens add 6 miles to their commutes for a granola bar and cup of OJ.

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

Wait, so Crystal City Water Park isn’t an actual water park, like with slides and stuff? I got so excited there for a minute….

ShawnoftheDread
    Participant

@TwoWheelsDC 50129 wrote:

Wait, so Crystal City Water Park isn’t an actual water park, like with slides and stuff? I got so excited there for a minute….

Third Thursday Happy Hour at the Eisenhower Avenue water park!

dbb
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 50133 wrote:

Third Thursday Happy Hour at the Eisenhower Avenue water park!

Last time we did that Dirt tried the water slide with his fat tire fixie and we got banned!

dbb
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 50127 wrote:

BTWW, in which Forum denizens add 6 miles to their commutes for a granola bar and cup of OJ.

Will bike for bananas!

txgoonie
    Participant

@ShawnoftheDread 50127 wrote:

It’s bagels and coffee. Totally different. And you know I put a 2″ layer of cream cheese on that bad boy.

dbb
    Participant

@txgoonie 50174 wrote:

It’s bagels and coffee. Totally different. And you know I put a 2″ layer of cream cheese on that bad boy.

The conversion table I use says 2 miles riding per 1/4 inch of cream cheese.

txgoonie
    Participant

Saw the smiling faces of Joe from the BID and Zanna this morning:D Didn’t take one of those cinnamon sugar calorie bomb muffins, although I wanted to. Thanks for being out there Crystal City folks!

jpetty1
    Participant

Hi All:

The Crystal City BID is doing Bike to Work Week again this year. We will be there everyday, rain or shine, from 7:00am to 9:00am. Stop by and say hi and grab some snacks. This year we will be giving out Crystal City Banjo Brother Backpacks to the top 50 riders. Hope to see you there.

More info on the Crystal City BID website.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

Are any of the other places doing the whole week? Crystal City is about 2 hours away from me, and I hate mornings, so the likelihood I will get there before 9:00 AM is pretty slim.

americancyclo
    Participant

I’m planning on being there every day of the week that I don’t have to lead a commuter convoy (BTWD)!

lordofthemark
    Participant

@dbb 50175 wrote:

The conversion table I use says 2 miles riding per 1/4 inch of cream cheese.

Those of us on weight watchers actually do a calculation similar to that ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.