Crystal City Bike to Work Week 2015

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2015 Crystal City Bike to Work Week 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Subby
    Participant

Late shift FTW.

[IMG]http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8592&stc=1[/IMG][IMG]http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8593&stc=1[/IMG][IMG]http://bikearlingtonforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8594&stc=1[/IMG]

rcannon100
    Participant

Well, that’s a first…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8598[/ATTACH]

Yes, Consularrider….. if you read the fine print, if you are not currently working, you may not participate in Bike to Work day.

No Bagels For You!!

consularrider
    Participant

Ok, I’ll ride to HST and see if my new passport is in yet. Will that count?

CaseyKane50
    Participant

For those still dreaming of a jersey, as of 6:45 am this morning, 89 riders were still eligible.

Emm
    Participant

@CaseyKane50 115710 wrote:

For those still dreaming of a jersey, as of 6:45 am this morning, 89 riders were still eligible.

A jersey will be MINE! They said as long as the 89 people show up Thurs and Fri, we’ll get the jersey at a happy hour sometime in early June. I just hope I can select my size. The last thing I need is a mens size L jersey…

jpetty1
    Participant

@Emm 115719 wrote:

A jersey will be MINE! They said as long as the 89 people show up Thurs and Fri, we’ll get the jersey at a happy hour sometime in early June. I just hope I can select my size. The last thing I need is a mens size L jersey…

Thank you all for the support and coming out, definitely makes the early rise out of bed much easier to know that you all are enjoying the program. After this mornings event we are at 84 riders who have rode all week!

The plan is to give out the jerseys at the first Crystal City Blues & Brews event on Wednesday, June 3 from 5:00 PM-6:30 PM. We should have sizes for everyone in men’s and women’s cuts. We will do a random raffle of the riders who biked in 4 days for the remaining jerseys (which as of now is 16 jerseys for a possible 31 riders)

PotomacCyclist
    Participant

I probably shouldn’t have missed two days this week. :(

But my stomach is not being cooperative. Maybe it doesn’t like cycling that much. At least this month.

Emm
    Participant

@jpetty1 115750 wrote:

Thank you all for the support and coming out, definitely makes the early rise out of bed much easier to know that you all are enjoying the program. After this mornings event we are at 84 riders who have rode all week!

The plan is to give out the jerseys at the first Crystal City Blues & Brews event on Wednesday, June 3 from 5:00 PM-6:30 PM. We should have sizes for everyone in men’s and women’s cuts. We will do a random raffle of the riders who biked in 4 days for the remaining jerseys (which as of now is 16 jerseys for a possible 31 riders)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HAVING WOMEN’S CUTS!!!! I can’t even count the times I’ve won shirts/jerseys/other stuff only to not wear them since since they’re men’s sizes, which fit really poorly on me.

You guys are awesome. I loved the free coffee and bagels, and the friendly faces every morning. Thank you for getting up early to staff the booth–you made my commute in this week so much brighter.

lordofthemark
    Participant

@jpetty1 115750 wrote:

I would also like to express my thanks – the refreshments, the company, but especially the jersey have served as motivation to get up and ride every morning – thanks to which this will be the first week ever I have ridden to work every single day, which was not even on my list of goals. I am impressed with the growing bike friendliness of Crystal City, and will spread the word as I can.

KWL
    Participant

@jpetty1 115750 wrote:

A big thank you from me as well. It was a great opportunity to meet some of the people on this forum (I was going to write “crazies”, but not everyone here is crazy) and get into Crystal City more than I would normally. LOTM & I spent some time talking to a CC resident who brought his bike down for the offered maintenance. It sounded like he will appreciate the efforts you are making to enhance Crystal City’s cycling environment.

komorebi
    Participant

@jpetty1 115750 wrote:

Also adding my thanks. Your friendly faces and the free bagels made my commute a lot better during a particularly stressful week. Thanks so much for getting up early and being out there every morning.

KWL
    Participant

So who will be at Blues, Brews & Barks tomorrow to pick up their BTWW jersey? I’ve got a birthday dinner to prepare so will be there first thing at 5:00pm.

lordofthemark
    Participant

I expect to be there.

komorebi
    Participant

I’ll be there, but probably right at the end of the pick-up time.

vern
    Participant

Since I work at the address of this shindig, I reckon I will attend.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.