Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    KWL
    Participant

Ian – This is for you…

Emm
    Participant

I appreciated the fact they let the slackers like me pick up the swag they missed today. Thanks to a bunch of pre-op doctor appointments I couldn’t bike on Mon or Wed. I’m really happy I now have the socks and bag though–once I get back on my bike in 6-8 weeks I will be a giant Crystal City advertisement with my jersey (from last year), cap, socks, light and bag! And when I get a flat I’ll be able to fix it with my awesome Crystal City CO2 cartridge and flat repair kit :)

I didn’t get another jersey since I only biked to Crystal City 3 days this week, but I’m not crying too hard since last year’s jersey has held up well.

Judd
    Participant

I scored a sweet Crystal City Rides windbreaker today as my five day prize. LeprosyStudyGroup and I pretended to be the Crystal City racing team as we cruised the MTV this morning in our windbreakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

consularrider
    Participant

A full zip fleece jacket as my five day prize, sweet! :D

peterw_diy
    Participant

@Emm 139975 wrote:

I appreciated the fact they let the slackers like me pick up the swag they missed today.

Really? Aw, dangit! I didn’t even check in there today because I didn’t see new swag and folks were only talking about T shirts, so I figured why slow others down. Blast it.

Next year I think I might make CC my official stop, as I got Zero swag at Old Town Alexandria. Didn’t even get the chance to turn down any cheap water bottles. :-(

cephas
    Participant

I got the jersey. needed another jersey. SUPER-PUMPED!!

Judd
    Participant

@peterw_diy 139984 wrote:

Really? Aw, dangit! I didn’t even check in there today because I didn’t see new swag and folks were only talking about T shirts, so I figured why slow others down. Blast it.

Next year I think I might make CC my official stop, as I got Zero swag at Old Town Alexandria. Didn’t even get the chance to turn down any cheap water bottles. :-(

I’m thinking CC as my official stop next year too. Columbia Pike was pretty sparse this morning. For newer bikers it also involves braving morning traffic on the Pike, riding sidewalks or taking an indirect route of low stress is desired.

GovernorSilver
    Participant

I picked up little bits of swag but somehow missed out on the jacket and socks. Oh well, it was a nice pit stop and lovely day to ride.

peterw_diy
    Participant

@GovernorSilver 139993 wrote:

I picked up little bits of swag but somehow missed out on the jacket and socks. Oh well, it was a nice pit stop and lovely day to ride.

Indeed.

Thank you, Crystal City!

wheelswings
    Participant

Due to my meetings at EPA-Potomac Yards, this year I was able to stop by the Crystal City BTWW festivities for three days, Tuesday thru Thursday. The socks, light, patch-kit etc. are indeed useful (and very generous), and the Cosi treats fueled me through my long meetings. But even better was the warm welcome and the intimacy of the Crystal City stop, seeing old friends and making new ones (Barbara, David, Peter, et al.)… it was hard to pull myself away.
    Huge thanks to the organizers. w&w

ian74
    Participant

@KWL 139974 wrote:

Ian – This is for you…

REALLY????? Ken you are a freaking saint! Did Judd and Leprosy Study Group tell you I was being all whiney because I didn’t ride 5 days and couldn’t get one? Regardless, a thoughtful and very very incredible gesture. I can’t possibly thank you enough!

americancyclo
    Participant

Huge number increases in the past five years. Great job Joe and the CCBID folks for really hosting something special each year!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11792[/ATTACH]

KWL
    Participant

@ian74 140014 wrote:

… I can’t possibly thank you enough!

Oh, I think you could. Like a couple of beers at Rustico.

Judd
    Participant

@ian74 140014 wrote:

REALLY????? Ken you are a freaking saint! Did Judd and Leprosy Study Group tell you I was being all whiney because I didn’t ride 5 days and couldn’t get one? Regardless, a thoughtful and very very incredible gesture. I can’t possibly thank you enough!

We did, but to be fair it was after Ken already said he was grabbing one for you. He’s a pretty stand up guy. Totally deserves some beer.

jpetty1
    Participant

Thank you to all who came out last week to make it another fun week. I was pretty bummed to miss out on Friday’s festivities due to an injury, but the CCBID team said it was great. I wanted to pass along the numbers for the rest of the week. We will also be sending people who showed up to the pit stop a survey to help get some feedback from this year, and upcoming years.

Monday: 109
    Tuesday: 121
    Wednesday: 155
    Thursday: 171
    Friday: 347
    All 5 Days: 68

Here are some photos from Friday: https://crystalcitybid.smugmug.com/ACTIVE/Ride/Bike-To-Work-Week/Bike-to-Work-Week-2016/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.