Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Judd
    Participant

@consularrider 139747 wrote:

Hats on Thursday.

Yes! Hat swag was a hot topic this morning at the pit stop. And since I don’t have a hat at all it’s a super bonus.

Sunyata
    Participant

@consularrider 139747 wrote:

Hats on Thursday.

Oh! I may have to be late to work on Thursday!

KWL
    Participant

@Judd 139752 wrote:

Yes! Hat swag was a hot topic this morning at the pit stop. And since I don’t have a hat at all it’s a super bonus.

“Hot topic”? You didn’t mention anything to me. What kind of hat? I note c-rider didn’t mention “cap”, rather “hat”. So are we getting a fedora?

peterw_diy
    Participant

Today: socks

consularrider
    Participant

Saw it today, it’s a “cap.”

GovernorSilver
    Participant

Oh man, should have stopped by for the socks.

jpetty1
    Participant

This year’s event has been great, and it is always a pleasure seeing everyone out there. This morning was our biggest weekday turnout (except Fridays) since we started the program 6 years ago. We were discussing previous year’s attendance this morning, and thought posting them would be fun.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Monday: 109
    Tuesday: 121
    Wednesday: 155
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    All 5 Days:

Monday: 112
    Tuesday: 137
    Wednesday: 134
    Thursday: 116
    Friday: 429
    All 5 Days: 82

Monday: 132
    Tuesday: 135
    Wednesday: 148
    Thursday: 138
    Friday: 187
    All 5 Days: 79

Monday: 83
    Tuesday: 101
    Wednesday:121
    Thursday: 116
    Friday: 421
    All 5 Days: 47

2012 (Estimates)
    Monday: 15
    Tuesday: 25
    Wednesday: 75
    Thursday: 85
    Friday: 307
    All 5 Days: N/A

Monday: 29
    Tuesday: 38
    Wednesday: 61
    Thursday: 66
    Friday: 340
    All 5 Days: 15

TwoWheelsDC
    Participant

@jpetty1 139852 wrote:

Friday: 429

Friday: 187

The good news story here is that ~50% of riders will still show up even if the weather is a washout (I was not one of them…).

peterw_diy
    Participant

@GovernorSilver 139831 wrote:

Oh man, should have stopped by for the socks.

Yes, indeed. The Crystal City BID knows what it’s doing, handing out reasonably nice swag you’d actually use. (All too often around here I’ve seen jurisdictions hand out garbage like cheap cheap water bottles that make me doubt their understanding of their target audience.)

cephas
    Participant

@lordofthemark 139741 wrote:

I lost my water bottle – right in the middle of the intersection, and I was not inclined to go back there and retrieve it.

reminds me of the time my rear light popped off in the intersection of Constitution and 15th. I WAS inclined to go back to retrieve it. but I could only watch as it shattered into a million and three pieces when a car got there first.

DrP
    Participant

@peterw_diy 139864 wrote:

Yes, indeed. The Crystal City BID knows what it’s doing, handing out reasonably nice swag you’d actually use.

Agreed, it is really great stuff, especially for someone who has been cycling a while.

@peterw_diy 139864 wrote:

(All too often around here I’ve seen jurisdictions hand out garbage like cheap cheap water bottles that make me doubt their understanding of their target audience.)

Perhaps their target audience are newbies and the cheap stuff will hold them on for a while until they start cycling regularly and need higher quality stuff. Those of us who cycle regularly, perhaps, should leave more of that for those who aren’t cycling regularly. When I was in grad school and going to conferences, the cheap swag they handed out, like really cheap canvas or plastic bags (not quite a brief case, so a brief bag? Something that held your papers nicely) were great. Over time those were not what I wanted/needed anymore. I no longer take all the “free” stuff at such places anymore.

KLizotte
    Participant

I would advise anyone that receives swag that they really don’t need to donate it to Phoenix Bikes or to the immigrant day laborers at the Shirlington and Education Center (located next to start of the W&OD). Most of the latter folks are riding department store bikes and lack proper lighting and safety equipment. I’ve seen them waiting all day long outdoors for someone to hire them on *Christmas day*.

dbb
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11782[/ATTACH]

The gang enjoying CC BID bagels and coffee and sporting their new Crystal Ride caps.

Pretty sweet to have Crystal City providing such great support for cycling in Arlington.

KWL
    Participant

I see all the cool kids got there before I did.

kwarkentien
    Participant

Damn. I miss doing Bike to Work Week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.