Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Our Community Forums Bike to Work Day Archives Bike to Work Day 2016 Crystal City Bike to Work Week

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    consularrider
    Participant

The Crystal City pit stop will be open Monday through Friday, May 16 – 20 from 7 to 9 am for Bike to Work Week. No info on their website if they are doing something special for those that make all five days. Sorry for you early morning riders.

rcannon100
    Participant

FTFY

@consularrider 138076 wrote:

No info on their website THAT they are doing something special for those that make all five days.

Which I think implicitly suggests the game aint happening this year. First year I coulda played too. Le Sigh.

cvcalhoun
    Participant

So why don’t any of the Maryland stops do this? No way am I making it from Bethesda to Crystal City before 9:00 am.

LeprosyStudyGroup
    Participant

Crystal City has an organized and mildly funded community outreach team (the CC BID?) that takes this stuff a little more seriously, and is a little less reliant on volunteers, than most other places I guess. I usually pass by one of the guys who ran the tent last year on my morning commute, I can try to wave him down and ask if he knows anything more about special prizes next time I see him.

jpetty1
    Participant

I will work on getting the website updated, and sorry for not posted something on here earlier. Bike to Work Week in Crystal City is planned as usual from 7a-9a, and I hope to see you all each morning. This year we will be doing a different prize each morning caps, socks, tools, etc. And of course breakfast and coffee! For safety checks and minor repairs we have some different groups coming in to help – Phoenix Bikes: Wednesday, District Wrench: Thursday, and Bikes for the World: Friday.

Subby
    Participant

@jpetty1 139156 wrote:

I will work on getting the website updated, and sorry for not posted something on here earlier. Bike to Work Week in Crystal City is planned as usual from 7a-9a, and I hope to see you all each morning. This year we will be doing a different prize each morning caps, socks, tools, etc. And of course breakfast and coffee! For safety checks and minor repairs we have some different groups coming in to help – Phoenix Bikes: Wednesday, District Wrench: Thursday, and Bikes for the World: Friday.

Thanks Joe – BTWW is a highlight of my annual cycling calendar. You and your crew always do a fantastic job.

Judd
    Participant

@consularrider 138076 wrote:

The Crystal City pit stop will be open Monday through Friday, May 16 – 20 from 7 to 9 am for Bike to Work Week. No info on their website if they are doing something special for those that make all five days. Sorry for you early morning riders.

Who are these people that don’t have to be at work by 8 a.m.? Maybe I’ll tell the bossman to sod off and that I’ll be half an hour late every day.

KWL
    Participant

@Judd 139226 wrote:

Who are these people that don’t have to be at work by 8 a.m.? Maybe I’ll tell the bossman to sod off and that I’ll be half an hour late every day.

That’s my plan.

peterw_diy
    Participant

Anybody want to report what the Monday swag was?

consularrider
    Participant

Underseat wedge bag as well as blinkies, sunglasses, and bottle opener/key chain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11767[/ATTACH]

Judd
    Participant

@consularrider 139734 wrote:

Underseat wedge bag as well as blinkies, sunglasses, and bottle opener/key chain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11767[/ATTACH]

All the stuff to go in the bag today.

5a6aa584478168b151b099214a2478cb.jpg

peterw_diy
    Participant

@consularrider 139734 wrote:

Thanks. Nice!

peterw_diy
    Participant

Today : folding tools, patch kit, CO2, bells, lights…

lordofthemark
    Participant

I particularly appreciate the CO2 set. I am now riding around with a spare presta tube, in the spirit of “pay it forward” as suggested by Sunyata. However I have been wondering what good that is, since I do not have a small pump, and am not inclined to ride with a large one – I was thinking I should get a CO2 set, but had not gotten around to it.

On the negative side, I took the lane on Maine Avenue today, and raced to make the vehicular left onto 7th street while I had the light. Made good speed, but there is a nasty piece of pavement there, and I lost my water bottle – right in the middle of the intersection, and I was not inclined to go back there and retrieve it. Not green to abandon it, so I hope one of the construction workers there got it and can use it. But since this is BTWW, maybe I will get another water bottle as swag.

consularrider
    Participant

Hats on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.